Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What is the BIGGEST LIE any head of state EVER told the people of his/her country in your opinion? Why do you think so?

What is the BIGGEST LIE any head of state EVER told the people of his/her country in your opinion? Why do you think so?

Posted - March 29, 2017

Responses

• "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor! If you like your plan, you can keep your plan! With the Affordable Care Act, families will be able to save around $2300 annually!" - Barack Obama.

This is one of the biggest lies that comes to mind first. I haven't known a single family that has saved $2300 per year and the majority of them had to get new plans because their old plan was either discontinued or the price rose so high they had to switch. Many insurance companies and doctors have backed out of the ACA. Prices have only risen since the implementation of the ACA. After the premiums rose, we were told our priorities weren't right; that we should give up our cable tv, our internet, cell phones in order to afford health insurance. What a load of crap. Even one of the creators said that if they told the truth about the ACA then the American people would never have accepted it. They had to lie, by their own admission, in order to pass the ACA. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 29, 2017 9:11 AM MDT
      March 29, 2017 6:29 AM MDT

"Everyone will be covered. It will be much cheaper and much better".  "I will never lie to you". " Barrack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower" "Barack Obama hasn't produced a birth certificate". " I will have nothing to do with the businesses. I don't even care about them. My sons will run them and we won't discuss it". "On day one we will repeal and replace Obamacare".  "Mexico will pay for the wall". "Barack Obama spends too much time playing golf. If I'm president I won't have time to play golf".  Thank you for your choice CTG and Happy Thursday to thee.                                                                                      
      March 30, 2017 6:56 AM MDT

• So many choices....
      March 29, 2017 6:46 AM MDT

Sadly true Ozgirl. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      March 30, 2017 6:56 AM MDT

Heard a whopper last night - coal is clean clean clean. Cheers!
      March 29, 2017 9:04 AM MDT

• No one would believe that one lol
      March 29, 2017 9:18 AM MDT

I heard that too! AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply Nanoose and Happy Thursday! :)
      March 30, 2017 6:57 AM MDT

• "We have nothing to fear but fear itself."  Rubbish. A politician looking for a snappy, quotable catch phrase.
      March 29, 2017 9:21 AM MDT

Wasn't that FDR? I think he was something more than a politician looking for a snappy, quotable catch phrase . During the Depression he created public work projects to put people to work. JFK said "it's not what your country can do for you. It's what you can do for your country". Rubbish too? How about Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address? Rubbish? I guess we disagree. Of course "Make America Great Again" does fit that  description in my opinion! So we disagree selectively! Thank you for your reply whistle and Happy Thursday! :)
      March 30, 2017 6:49 AM MDT

• Yes, I think it was FDR. But his public works program has nothing to do with the quote.  There are many things to legitimately fear.  External attack, internal collapse, natural disasters.   JFK quote is catchy too.  This I don't knock.  It is part of speech making and politicking.  Gettysburg Address  by far surpasses the former quotes.  It is a moving and powerful speech.  I also suggest it be the standard time limit for commencement and similar speeches.  
      March 30, 2017 9:03 AM MDT