Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Who was the last person who said something so stupid you wanted to slap the taste out of their mouth and what did they say?

Who was the last person who said something so stupid you wanted to slap the taste out of their mouth and what did they say?

Image result for Slap the taste out of mouth

Posted - March 30, 2017

Responses

• My sister! She was traveling in...about 8hrs or so....got into town early n the morning, was supposed to call my dad as he was going to pick her up, she didn't contact anyone until noon...when I explained that people were waiting up for her, she said "I didn't know" (this was all pre-arranged) I could've choked her.
      March 30, 2017 7:02 AM MDT

• You should have.
      March 30, 2017 7:07 AM MDT

• Inconsiderate turd is what I think of her.
      March 30, 2017 7:18 AM MDT

• Sisters are always a PITA.
      March 30, 2017 7:39 AM MDT

I plead the fifth. 
      March 30, 2017 7:22 AM MDT

March 30, 2017 7:23 AM MDT

March 30, 2017 7:30 AM MDT

Well, I'm not surrounded by too many people who say something stupid, but my daughter did the other day. I was talking to her on the phone telling her I needed to get a new ID.  My old one has expired. I know she was only half listening to me, but she said "OHHHHH....do you need a ride?"
    Hubby and I don't drive, so the answer was obvious.....but I   told her "NOOOOOOO...dad's going to take me there on my wheelchair." (It's about 8 miles away)  She said "OH... OK."  I yelled at her (yes I DO get upset with stupid questions..lol) "Well, duh.......of course I need a ride. I can't fly, can I?"  
    This post was edited by SA (SuperA) at March 30, 2017 11:12 PM MDT
      March 30, 2017 7:23 AM MDT

BTW.....I WANT a T Shirt like that! 
      March 30, 2017 7:26 AM MDT

• I don't talk about it much, if at all... but my other half is literally an elected politician.

It's safe to say that if you use your imagination, you will know a mere fraction of the asinine stupidity that I am constantly exposed to.  

Not a day goes by when I hear of at least 2 things that people say that warrants a beat-down.

However...this is my favorite and most recent: We do not have a police force. We rely on state police. The town selectman voted to install a security system on our town office which is a small 250 year old building approximately 75x50 feet in dimension. A resident freaked out for the town spending $1500 for install and $30 a month for monitoring saying that it takes the police 30-45 minutes to respond and it's a waste of time & money. 
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 30, 2017 4:35 PM MDT
      March 30, 2017 8:53 AM MDT

• Not sure how it is in your town.   However in some parts here towns get ride of their local forces thinking why spend the money.   Then they feel that bite in the @$$ when they realize they invited the rabid NYS revenuers (troopers) in and miss that  small village " move along sir and sleep it off" good ol' boy department.
      March 30, 2017 9:05 AM MDT

• That's kind of it...The NH state troopers have bigger fish to fry and Troop that maintains us have the smallest number of cops but largest region to patrol. They are not as responsive as need be.  The town got rid of their cop (lol) many years ago because he was the only town cop & chief for 30 years. Corrupt as hell. He used to pull over people with outta state plates (especially MA plates) for the hell of it.

Check it out.  We have 28 miles of paved road. all the rest are gravel.  This summer, the town voted to tear up 4 miles of those paved roads and revert it back to gravel because it;s easier to maintain. LOLOLOL

Small towns politics are f**king ridiculous

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 30, 2017 4:35 PM MDT
      March 30, 2017 9:21 AM MDT

• My crazy-@$$ likes the sound of this.  
      March 30, 2017 10:20 AM MDT

• So do I. I don't give a crap what they do. I live on my own private road and as long as my taxes don't go up, they can dig huge ditches, fill them with water and use barges to get around
      March 30, 2017 4:40 PM MDT

• You can be the Venice of New England!
      March 30, 2017 9:15 PM MDT

• My thoughts exactly and in the winder, we can use skates and those ice things with sails to get around.
      March 31, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

• Air boats?
    Or Ice sails?
    Image result for ice sail
      March 31, 2017 9:45 AM MDT

• Both!

and I've done both. What a great way to go food shopping
      March 31, 2017 10:17 AM MDT

• Yeah they are a lot of fun.

I thought you were scared of ice?
      March 31, 2017 10:31 AM MDT

• I am...Terrified actually. 
    The ice sail was pretty awesome
    I didn't ride the air-boat on ice...it was on snow and water.  Those things float  
      March 31, 2017 10:38 AM MDT

• True. They also do spectacular spin-outs and doughnuts on the ice.
      March 31, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

• A well timed question.  I have a coworker who forever and always has his face in everyone's business and gives vacuously stupid comments on their work.  I called him on it when he did this to me recently.  He has not spoken to me for three days.  I think he is too used to people tolerating him that he is that upset that in this case he was not tolerated.  Anyway, I'm pleased well by the not speaking and would embrace its continuing.
      March 30, 2017 9:14 AM MDT

• What did he say to break the camels back?
      March 30, 2017 9:17 AM MDT

• First it was an extremely, crazy busy day so I was in no mood to hear his unwelcome, unnecessary crap.  At work we have radios to keep in touch with the supervisors.  This coworker had need of the radio I had. So after he was done he put it down and saw I had it set at  low volume.
    so he said to me, with his typical condescending arrogance, "How can you hear the radio when it is set like that?"  I replied, "Mind your business, it is none of your concern."   Now, this may seem a petty thing.  But he is relentless in these stupid comments.  This guy is a dishwasher.  He has less than no authority and should keep his face out of what his coworkers are doing.  He is also quite given to asking intrusive questions.  "Why didn't you call the supervisor back?"  Seeing me walking outside, "Where are you going?"   He also likes making stupid, juvenile comments to coworkers.  "Well, little sleepyhead decided to come in!" or "Sure is nice you can join us!" to someone late. A person he is not even scheduled to work with him so his day was not effected. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 31, 2017 9:40 AM MDT
      March 30, 2017 9:30 AM MDT