Active Now

Randy D
Spunky
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » What one question would serve as a good dating litmus test?

What one question would serve as a good dating litmus test?

A singular question that would tell you everything you need to know about a person, so you'd know if it was worthwhile pursuing something with them...
(And none of that "people are complex and one question isn't enough" jazz. I want answers! Dang it.)

Posted - March 30, 2017

Responses

• Why not start on the simple questions first.. Like a cure for cancer.. Sheesh
      March 30, 2017 6:45 PM MDT

So....tell me about your mom. 
      March 30, 2017 6:48 PM MDT

• Why... What have you heard?
      March 31, 2017 5:48 AM MDT

• If we were on a boat and I had to  pee.... What would you do to solve this problem?.... Answer right or die.. I ask this questions on all my first dates ... Probably why I never get a second :/ ....;)
      March 30, 2017 7:03 PM MDT

That's easy. I'd hand you a roll of toilet paper and would probably hold onto you so you don't fall off.
      March 30, 2017 7:11 PM MDT

• Ahhhhh that's so sweet, Zack :) last guy I dated in summer  told me to jump in river and pee... Then I said " I'll be freakin swimming in my own PEE! " then he said " it's diluted" then I said " I want to go HOME ... NOW" then other stuff was said Annnd some stuff got broke  .... And now I have no boat for this summer :( I have the house though so it's fine. 
      March 30, 2017 7:17 PM MDT

• Hold you up to  pee in splash well and let the scuppers handle it
      March 30, 2017 9:41 PM MDT

• I can't work with that 
      March 30, 2017 9:50 PM MDT

• Why not?   it's not much different than a toilet.  Even flushes.
      March 30, 2017 9:52 PM MDT

• Fook  me sideways I had a good thought in my mind :) I forget it now :/ I liked it ;) BAH   
      March 30, 2017 9:54 PM MDT

• Sideways, bent-over, hanging, frontways.....

Why limit oneself?
      March 30, 2017 9:57 PM MDT

Hey! Never heard you ask this, or did I answer it right? Oh. 
      March 31, 2017 4:02 AM MDT

• Are you a Republican or a Democrat?

It works like this.

Beautiful woman in a snazzy car pulls over for a hitchhiker and asks, "Are you a Republican or a Democrat?" When he tells her he's a democrat she speeds off, leaving him in a cloud of dust.

Another snazzy car, another beautiful woman. Same question. Same answer. Same cloud of dust.

A third car pulls up. This woman is drop-dead gorgeous. She's wearing a tiny top showing lots of cleavage and a mini skirt that is so short that it covers practically nothing. And when she asks him the question he crosses his fingers and says, "I vote Republican."

He climbs aboard and they set off down the road. He is acutely aware of her sexuality and her good looks and after a couple of miles he says, "Pull over. I want to get out." 

"Why?" she asks.

"I've been a Republican for five minutes and already i want to screw somebody."
      March 30, 2017 7:07 PM MDT

• Dozy this is just SO funny...I don't see how you come up with these!
      March 30, 2017 9:19 PM MDT

• I heard that when I was working in the Sydney comms centre, and I left there in 1979. I doubt if I've remembered it since but when I read this question it kinda popped out. 
      March 30, 2017 9:54 PM MDT

• Simple: What do you value in your life? 
      March 30, 2017 8:03 PM MDT

• Good one Zee
      March 30, 2017 9:13 PM MDT

• What's your favorite TV show?
      March 30, 2017 8:42 PM MDT

• Dear Just Asking,
    I think DragonFly has it...it's the ring-pass-not Q..."tell me about your mom."
    Also sisters, ex-girlfriends...if he is hating on these, it is NOT a good sign, and quite reliably so.
      March 30, 2017 8:51 PM MDT

• That wouldn't work Ms Virginia.
    We men already know about that one, ;) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 30, 2017 9:31 PM MDT
      March 30, 2017 8:55 PM MDT

• Oh Lago I am laughing...maybe things have changed then over the decades...that was always an reliable one for me...friend zone ONLY for the mom-diss'ers... This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 30, 2017 9:04 PM MDT
      March 30, 2017 9:03 PM MDT

• Im not saying that there is not going to be a guy dumb enough to fall for that one or the one about your exes. But that's another one that's well known, like that Fight club movie, 
    What's the first rule of dating: never talk about your exes. Rule number two: refer to first rule.  )
      March 30, 2017 9:29 PM MDT

• Oh Lago, that is SO funny, so dear...
    Well JA, this great bit of wisdom I was giving you...prolly not all that reliable (any more)...
      March 30, 2017 10:43 PM MDT

"When do you want to do it?"
      March 30, 2017 8:52 PM MDT