Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Trump refused to throw out the first pitch for the Nationals. Why? Bad arm?

Trump refused to throw out the first pitch for the Nationals. Why? Bad arm?

Posted - March 31, 2017

Responses

He's probably never thrown a ball in his life so he knows he'd be a laughing stalk. Also I think he knows that there would be a lot of people in the crowd booing him (for his politics) plus the jumbo screen will make his butt look huge. Cheers and happy weekend!
      March 31, 2017 8:54 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Nanoose and Happy Saturday. He likes to control things and look like the superhero. If he had a good arm he'd do it in a heartbeat. I think ! :)
      April 1, 2017 1:57 AM MDT

Actually in high school he was quite an athlete. But he is 70 yrs old now. So certainly not as good as he was.
      April 3, 2017 4:43 AM MDT

Surprised to hear that but always best to know the facts thanks for the iinfo. Cheers!
      April 3, 2017 8:01 AM MDT

• Does it really matter?

March 31, 2017 10:32 PM MDT

• I don't think it does. It's not like it's a big deal or anything, it's a very big non-issue as far as I'm concerned. A lot of presidents have skipped doing this. 
      March 31, 2017 11:02 PM MDT

Does it really matter that his daughter and son-in-law are part of his administration? Nepotism anyone? Does it really matter that he breaks all traditions of being president, some of which have to do with possible criminality and legality? The Emoluments clause in the Constitutions he has trampled/ignored. Does it really matter that he  lies all the time?  Does it really matter that his administration is a shambles of ineptness/corruption/secrecy/deception? Does it really matter that his first big test as a deal maker..Trumpcare.. failed very badly? Does it really matter that he and his pals are being investigated by the FBI, Senate and House Intelligence Committees for any untoward ties to Russia? Does it really matter that he defends/supports Putin 24/7 but turns on his own people?  Does it really matter that you cannot trust him to keep promises? Does anything he does/does not do matter? It does to me Yogafan. If it doesn't to thee that's fine with me. Thank you for your question. Did I answer it? Happy Saturday to thee. This post was edited by RosieG at April 1, 2017 2:04 AM MDT
      April 1, 2017 2:03 AM MDT

• Does it really matter that Obama paid millions to have his college records sealed? Does it really matter that Obama said that if he'd had a son he would have been just like Trayvon who already had a criminal record before he was shot? Does it really matter that the place of birth on Obama's birth certificate did not exist at the time of his birth nor did Kenya? Does it really matter that his mother in law lived in the WH at taxpayer's expense and travelled with the Obamas again at taxpayer's expense? Does it really matter that in Obama's book he says he will stand with Islam, I don't have the exact words but it's there in his words?  Does it really matter that Obama drew a red line and said that if it were crossed there would be consequences and guess what that line was crossed and nothing happened? Did you trust Obama to keep his promises? He said Obamacare would allow people to keep their own doctor......many couldn't, he said it would not cost more and I'm here to tell you that it did. Does it really matter that Bill Clinton stood before a camera and lied about Monica Lewinski then had to admit he'd lied about having sex with her?

My point is that all politicians fail at some things, they say things that are not true, they behave badly.

Now back to the point of Trump throwing a stupid ball. Does it make him less of a man, less of a President because he could/would not throw a ball?

I dread the day Trump sneezes in public because I shudder to thing what the press and those members of the public who hate him will make of it.

Did I answer your comment Rosie?
      April 2, 2017 9:29 PM MDT

I believe we have a grave inability to communicate. I am not competing with you to see how many examples you can give. I askd a simple question and expected a simple answer. You win. I give up.
      April 3, 2017 7:02 AM MDT

• I don't believe we have any inability to communicate at all. You didn't just ask a simple question you gave many examples of how you felt Trump had failed. I answered in kind.

This is a discussion nobody wins or loses.
      April 4, 2017 10:54 PM MDT

Rosie why is OK for YOU to go on and on with your anti-Trump "facts"...yet then give someone a scolding for countering your "facts" with their facts about President Obama....stating to them you asked a simple question and expected a simple answer from them???  How can you not see your hypocrisy??
      April 4, 2017 11:15 PM MDT

Trump is prez now. Referring back to Obama shows me the person has no wish to answer the qeustion I ask. I did not ask for comparisons between Trump and Obama. I get attacks on Obama and no response on what Trump has done. I find it disappointing and also disheartening. If you wish to call me a hypocrite be my guest. I have been called worse. I can see that we have nothing in common. That is sad and too bad. I had such high hopes. If this response does not answer your question then I give up. I have nothing more for you. Happy Friday. Thanks for the pleasant past conversations. I guess those are over now aren't they?
      April 7, 2017 5:52 AM MDT

Rosie, you can't expect to write something scathing about our current President whose been in office for less than 3 months with your facts and not expect someone to give a knee jerk reaction with facts about our previous President for 8 years.
    During the 8 years of an Obama Presidency whenever he was criticized, his supporters knee jerk reactions were to blame his predecessor GWB....sadly that's how it goes in our political climate.         

Rosie don't let your political beliefs affect your friendships in your real life or affect how you feel towards friends you've made on-line because they disagree with you on politics....that's actually being INTOLERANT/CLOSED MINDED.      

I was born and raised in a liberal state and still live in my home state, therefore I as a conservative have many real life friends and relatives who have vastly differing political beliefs than my own...but we don't let that affect our friendships because we as friends and family have more in common that we enjoy to do together and like to talk about besides politics.
    Your post to me, as well as your post to Yogafan.... seems to indicate that you only want to converse with people(on any topic) as long as they believe the way you do about politics...how is that being tolerant?.                                                
      April 7, 2017 9:37 PM MDT

• I don't know. Maybe he just doesn't feel like it's something he could do well. A lot of presidents have skipped throwing out the first pitch, I don't see it as a big deal. He has done it in the past though. 
      March 31, 2017 11:01 PM MDT

Thank you for you reply Karen and Happy Saturday.
      April 1, 2017 2:05 AM MDT

says scheduling conflict.
      April 1, 2017 9:53 AM MDT

I don't care if he throws a baseball or not....It doesn't effect the country at all. 
      April 3, 2017 4:49 AM MDT

• A lot of presidents have passed on this. Obama did it one time and one time only in his 8 years in office. I guess it's ok with some that he passed on it 7 times. :)
      April 3, 2017 5:13 AM MDT

Obama's arm must have went down hill after that first time.....lol
      April 3, 2017 5:28 AM MDT

• ell.....he kinda threw like it was out at that time. :)
      April 3, 2017 9:43 AM MDT

Oh...I had not seen it.
      April 3, 2017 11:06 AM MDT

•   April 3, 2017 12:32 PM MDT

LOL. At least it made the distance just need to aim.
      April 3, 2017 12:49 PM MDT

• Yep, guess he did better than I could. :)
      April 3, 2017 1:56 PM MDT