Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If a friend told you they thought they had lived a previous life...

If a friend told you they thought they had lived a previous life...

How would you react?
Would you ask for details?
Would you share a similar experience?
Would you try to persuade them they were wrong? 

Posted - March 31, 2017

Responses

• In a clam voice tell them " that's nice".
      March 31, 2017 5:29 PM MDT

• I saw an Italian comedian in Sydney a little while ago. He was talking about his mother who, in turn, was talking to a rather snooty, wealthy woman she met at a function. 

Woman: My husband is so rich that he buys me a new car every year.
    Mother: That's a-nice. 
    Women: Every time I grow tired of our house he buys me another and we move.
    Woman: I went to a finishing school in Switzerland where I learned to be a lady. 
    Woman: Where did you go to school?
    Mother: I went to St. Anne's Catholic school.
    Women: Really? And what did you learn there?
    Mother: I learned to say that's a-nice when I really want to say bullsh1t. 
      March 31, 2017 5:36 PM MDT

• Yes'um.   You read right through it.
      March 31, 2017 5:44 PM MDT

No, although mystics talk about previous lIves I don't believe that stuff..there are movies depicting all that....
    but who has seen after life....?
      March 31, 2017 8:14 PM MDT

• Nobody yet. Still, such claims have been made. Normally I'd be with Glis and say, "That's nice." Bit I've heard a couple of odd stories that need a little more attention.
      March 31, 2017 8:59 PM MDT

Yes.....some uncanny stories send a shiver down my spine too! This post was edited by Veena.K at March 31, 2017 11:53 PM MDT
      March 31, 2017 11:42 PM MDT

• If they believe that then I want them to tell me about it and I won't question their belief in that.
      March 31, 2017 8:46 PM MDT

• Always good to keep an open mind. Of course, being able to describe it neither proves nor disproves the experience. It may be real or it may be a hallucination. 
      March 31, 2017 9:00 PM MDT

I would say "oh yeah."  

If this were a person that doesn't believe the same as I (and I do entertain the possibility of a form of reincarnation), then I would not add to the conversation.

I would only listen and agree.

My friends that believe as I do will discuss reincarnation, but in specific ways.

Many people discuss the subject lightly. That can be a waste of time. 
      March 31, 2017 9:08 PM MDT

• I take your point though I think that an element of "lightness" can stop any conversation from bogging down ... especially when the subject is one where nobody can justly claim to know the answer. :)
      March 31, 2017 11:09 PM MDT

I had a teacher in high school who was certain she had a previous life.  She had a  big rubber tree in her classroom that she claimed was her sister who died in her teens.  I guess all lives do not have to be in human form. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at April 1, 2017 5:44 AM MDT
      March 31, 2017 10:27 PM MDT

• Well, no, but from sister to rubber tree is a bit of a stretch. 
      March 31, 2017 11:10 PM MDT

i would want to know how they knew about it
      April 2, 2017 5:54 PM MDT