Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Spunky
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Why do feminists think women should be exempt from all responsibility for their actions?

Why do feminists think women should be exempt from all responsibility for their actions?

I mean just look at the feminists on this questions blaming pro lifers for forcing women into having children

completely avoiding and dodging the fact that if women dont want to be mothers then they should keep their legs closed

this same feminist has said on numerous occasions that men should keep it in their pants if they dont want to be fathers on questions regarding mens reproductive rights

the hypocrisy and double stands of these people is astounding not to mention the self entitlement of them to think they should be able to avoid all responsibility just because they have a vagina
https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20170331215617AAOu7z2

Posted - April 1, 2017

Responses

• I found the entire thing a little silly & was struggling to read it to the end, but as I was on my way back to here I did stumble something that I found amusing.

A person or person(s) who are against abortion because they believe killing a living thing is wrong. Although they will kill you if you don't agree with them. They also have a lot of time on their hands...can be seen holding pictures of dead babies on busy sidewalks during working hours.

I'm not saying I particularly agree with it. :-) 
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 1, 2017 7:09 PM MDT
      April 1, 2017 5:13 AM MDT

well interesting to highlight that view you came accross.. sadly it's a kinda very slanted one.. and I say that as someone who is pro choice.
      April 1, 2017 5:42 AM MDT

Correct definition:
    A person or person(s) who are against abortion because they believe killing a living thing is wrong. 
      April 3, 2017 5:25 AM MDT

Oh come on!! seriously!!! The comment that women should keep their legs closed is utterly unacceptable.. That shows no understanding at all of the issues.. Aside from the fact that feminism is about equality... the comment about legs shut or open is to completely and quite erroneously ignore the fact that when sex happens BOTH are responsible EQUALLY.. if there is coercion or rape then sorry the rapist bears that responsibility alone.   I would say more but honest suspect there is little point as I very much doubt there is any honest or true wishing to learn and understand other perspectives here..
      April 1, 2017 5:40 AM MDT

The comment that women should keep their legs closed if they dont want a baby is perfectly acceptable and it extends to men also....I personally am NOT pro life and i agree with the abortion in cases of rape but i vehemently disagree with feminism it is NOT an equality movement it is a misandrist one.........i assure you i understand the issue perfectly well the hypocrisy of feminism is astounding
      April 1, 2017 5:55 AM MDT

Quote, 'completely avoiding and dodging the fact that if women dont want to be mothers then they should keep their legs closed' a further comment... as I say when sex happens BOTH should take responsibility for the outcome... if both consent then both are responsible.. 

However. just taking a step back... just wondering.. how would this work in a relationship or marriage? Say I didn't want to have a baby.. so i don't have sex even with my husband? that would go down well yea? Point comes back to that it's an equal responsibility and it's not a simple equation, it's complex.. not black and white... if a man doesn't want to have kids then he bears exactly the same responsibility as the woman to check he won't end up in that situation.. so yea he CAN keep it in his pants just as she can shut her legs.. this isnt double standards... it's about equal right and responsibility.. 
      April 1, 2017 5:47 AM MDT

I agree with you both people are responsible thats what im trying to say the feminist who posted the question believes only the man bears responsibility and has openly stated as much several times feminism is a cancer on society
      April 1, 2017 5:58 AM MDT

• What's your definition of feminism? Do you not agree with the premise that men and women should be equal under the law?
    Do you not agree with women having the right to choose as they please without a man telling them what they can or can't do?
    Do you not agree with that?
    The unfairness with which that may be implemented doesn't mean the principle is wrong, no?
    The way you say it, is like saying that America's model of Democracy is wrong because the president may or may not be a crook. No? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 1, 2017 9:53 AM MDT
      April 1, 2017 9:39 AM MDT

You've missed the point entirely. It's not about who IS responsible before the fact. It's about who is HELD responsible after the fact. Women are never held responsible for anything. When a woman refuses to take on her responsibilities society just picks up the pieces for her. When a man refuses to take on his responsibilities he goes to jail for non payment of child support.

The point is that any woman who wishes to avoid the responsibility of motherhood can do that. She can have an abortion or give the child up for adoption. Men don't have that option. He is beholden to whatever the woman wants. She is the boss of him. This is inequality under law. It's matriarchy not equality.

Feminists are disgusting hypocrites who are just wrecking western civilization. They make me sick and I wish they'd just shut up. They don't stand for equality. They stand for endless female power without responsibility. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at April 1, 2017 6:40 AM MDT
      April 1, 2017 6:29 AM MDT

Very well said
      April 1, 2017 6:31 AM MDT

• Couldn't agree with you more.
      April 1, 2017 10:04 AM MDT

Having a bad day are we?  Or, are you just trolling?  Stop taking comments made by a couple of people on the internet as gospel, and then using them as grounds to form a generalized (and baseless) opinion.  
      April 1, 2017 6:06 AM MDT

please explain my generalized opinion
      April 1, 2017 6:30 AM MDT

I already did.  Please refer to your initial question.  
      April 1, 2017 6:42 AM MDT

Saying i made a generalization is not explaining what you think the generalization is ........your answer was a troll answer plain and simple if you had anything of value to say you would debate it with me instead you just make baseless claims and refuse to back them up just like most feminists do i might add This post was edited by james at April 1, 2017 11:15 AM MDT
      April 1, 2017 6:47 AM MDT

LOL!  I'm not the one doing the trolling here. Hopefully no one else will bother to feed you. Have a lovely day. 

April 1, 2017 6:58 AM MDT

Just as i thought you have nothing of any real value to say on the matter
      April 1, 2017 7:34 AM MDT

You have no argument. 

Have you ever heard a feminist saying that women should be forced to face the responsibility of motherhood just as men are forced to face fatherhood? Or have you ever heard a feminist saying men should be able to run away from fatherhood just like women can run away from motherhood?

Nobody is denying that feminism is a range of opinion. They're not all Marxist misandric lesbians but I've never heard one of them argue for equality and neither have you.
      April 1, 2017 8:54 AM MDT

You don't know me.  You don't know what I have heard or know about the subject.  You are right that I have no argument here but it isn't for the reasons you assume.  I am flatly refusing to get sucked into a purposefully inflammatory, angry, and hateful discussion with two misogynists.  There is never any chance of having a friendly and logical debate with people of your ilk. Sadly, neither of you realize that you both are just as bad as the ignorant women on that thread that James posted.   

Enjoy your day TZ.   I'm glad you found a friend here.  You and James are a match made in heaven.   I won't be responding further.
      April 1, 2017 9:22 AM MDT

Bullsh*t. You're just incapable of debating with us.

I'm not a misogynist. You're just a complete mangina. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at April 1, 2017 9:49 AM MDT
      April 1, 2017 9:46 AM MDT

• Ill debate you.
      April 1, 2017 8:57 PM MDT

I truly have no idea why you feel women can *run away* from motherhood.. the reality is that if a woman gets pregnant then she is going to end up doing most of the raising.. unless you mean abortion? that's not really running away.. but in that both the man and the woman can and often do choose to have the pregnancy aborted.. 

And ahem you did just see me argue for equality... i accept there are extreme feminists just as there are extreme anything.. but that surely doesn't mean the majority are not for equality and i certainly made that case.  I think logically you would rarely encounter most feminists in a debate.. cos unless someone's being a prawn there's no need.. Personally I take the assumption most men and women are fairminded reasonable people who would wish to see women and men thrive and have equal rights as far as humanly possible.. 
      April 1, 2017 10:38 AM MDT

"the reality is that if a woman gets pregnant then she is going to end up doing most of the raising"

Yeah at the man's expense.

She can choose to have an abortion. She can choose to give the child up for adoption or the care of the state.

"..but in that both the man and the woman can and often do choose to have the pregnancy aborted.."

Men do not choose whether to have a pregnancy aborted. That's just not legally accurate. When a couple "agree" to have a abortion she made the decision and he just happens to support it. All the legal power is hers. If she FEELS like respecting what he wants, she does. If she FEELS like having a child against his wishes or aborting one against his wishes, she does. 

In France a man is even legally responsible for children conceived by his wife's adultery. Paternity tests are illegal.

"And ahem you did just see me argue for equality..." No I didn't. You SAY you're for equality, but you don't really mean it. It's just empty words. You say you're for equality but you don't define what that is.

Are you saying that both men and women should be able to abdicate parental responsibility by unilateral decision? Or are you saying neither should be able to do so? It's one or the other. 

No most people are not fair minded. They're just like to pretend they are and virtue signal to others. They just care what other people think of them, but deep inside they only care about their own interests.

Feminists just lack the ovaries to just admit they want matriarchy. If they'd just admit it, I'd respect them a bit more. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at April 1, 2017 12:01 PM MDT
      April 1, 2017 11:35 AM MDT

• The modern version of feminism is nothing but a perpetual victim mentalitly with a man hating complex.

As far as the pregnancy, if someone doesn't want to become pregnant then those two shouldn't be having sex and I definitely don't agree that abortions and birth control should be free. Just because people want to have responsibility-free sex does not mean everyone else should pick up their bill. The couple needs to take responsibility for their actions and deal with the consquences. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 3, 2017 5:22 AM MDT
      April 1, 2017 1:02 PM MDT