Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Suppose the good fairy allowed you to change places with any one animal for a single day,

Suppose the good fairy allowed you to change places with any one animal for a single day,

would you accept the challenge? 
Which animal would you like to be?
How do you feel about eating raw meat? 
How do you feel about eating LIVING raw meat? 

Posted - April 1, 2017

Responses

i wouldnt , its hard enough to be human let alone an animal
      April 1, 2017 9:16 PM MDT

• It'd be nice to have sharp teeth and claws to keep the boss in line, though. :)
      April 1, 2017 9:54 PM MDT

• Good grief! Did I ask this question before? I've asked so many I've forgotten.
      April 1, 2017 9:55 PM MDT

• Indeed!
      April 1, 2017 10:10 PM MDT

I do it too...don't you worry;))
      April 13, 2017 3:59 PM MDT

No, I wouldn't take the challenge. Too many animals are hunted and abused. 
      April 2, 2017 12:24 AM MDT

• I'd have swapped with my dog for a day -- she was spoiled rotten -- but I doubt if she'd have wanted to change with me. 
      April 2, 2017 1:05 AM MDT

yeah my cat
    good food from Salmon,
    and I could use the sleep haha
      April 2, 2017 3:27 PM MDT

LOL Baba;))
      April 13, 2017 3:58 PM MDT

LOL Baba;))

I would prefer to be a bird and to be precise a peacock, I love dancing and I think no bird expresses it than a peacock;))

Hi Veena.K~  I think your choice is a piece of art like no other.  They are one of the most incredible birds.
    Your picture reminded me of a relatively famous restaurant Don and I go to on occasion.  Tucked away in the Santa Monica mountains there is a little store/cafe many famous people have come to enjoy.  It is a quaint little cafe with outdoor seating and always full of good cheer.  For many years it was run and owned by Ed and Vern. Unfortunately, a few years ago,  Ed passed away. We haven't been up in a while; but, I hope Vern is doing o.k. without Ed.  This quaint little store is, "The Rock Store."  I could tell you more about it; but, it would take too long and probably not bring it the justice it deserves.  
    The moral of this long introduction is to share with you what your chosen animal and The Rock Store have in common.  They have an abundance of wild peacocks that waltz around you while you eat.  They are very entertaining especially during the breeding season.  They really put on a show. 
    It is the males that have the showy plumage.  The females aren't nearly as attractive.  Not to say they aren't, but their feathers are brown and a normal length for their size.  But hey, if the males are going to do a song and dance for them with such pretty feathers, all the more "coolness" to them. She can pick and choose. 
    Being a peacock, you would be an omnivore.  As Didge suggested, raw meat might be on your menu for the day but highly unlikely.   If you lived at the rock store, you would be spoiled and have plenty of berries and fruit to dine on.  If you wanted to have these magnificent feathers, you would have to change genders.  That within itself might be fun for a day... Who knows?!!  
    It's good to chat with you and you picked a magnificently handsome creature to become for a day! 
    If we could, Don and I would join you for live jazzy music and some fresh suntea on the patio at the Rock Store.  A Great Choice for sure! :) :)
      April 14, 2017 3:43 AM MDT

Oh Merlin, thank you very much, wow what a narrative....I'm sure the rock store would be a dream area ....I dunno but I always felt Nature or God have bestowed all the beauty in a peacock....yes of course it would awesome coming to Santa Monica and meeting you and Don;))
      April 14, 2017 7:04 PM MDT

Isn't that incredible?
    what a blessing.
    to me
    a pure act/  expression of Love.

April 14, 2017 1:33 AM MDT

I am giggling before I even post this..

My dear Didge~ (I've rewritten this opening sentence about a dozen times. Ahhhh! O.k. I'm going to do it this time I'm sure.) Here we go.
    My dear Didge~ Yes. I would absolutely accept the challenge.  Yes. I can and will eat raw meat.  I draw the line at the heart still pumping.  Pittsburg rare or raw is fine.  I would prefer not to feel the heart still beating. I don't think my animal choices will be doing a lot of that.  Fish.  No problem.  Sushi is great with me. So, with that all being said, I can say, without question and any further hesitation, there are two animal lives I would like to try out for a day.  The sea otter has always been one of my all-time favorites. They are hard workers but also very friend and family oriented.  They always appear to be sharing the idea that life isn't so bad after all.  If you do have to work, make it a game or as fun as possible.

If I were traveling around in your part of the world, without a doubt I would be the:

World's happiest animal', the quokka, 
    Quokka: 'World's happiest animal'.
    http://www.traveller.com.au/worlds-happiest-animal-the-quokka-becomes-the-most-popular-tourist-attraction-at-australias-rottnest-island-gunpvd

Close Up Of A Sea Otter Swimming On Back In Prince William Sound, Alaska, Southcentral, Winter : Stock Photo

This post was edited by Merlin at April 14, 2017 5:20 AM MDT
      April 14, 2017 4:54 AM MDT