Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If a dating site matched you with someone famous, would you make a move or be too intimidated?

If a dating site matched you with someone famous, would you make a move or be too intimidated?

Assuming the dating site had verified that the person was who they said they were and you were supposedly highly compatible with the person.

Posted - April 2, 2017

Responses

Was not a dating site, and I was first told a bit into romance. I kept it going, and did not look differently at her, I had same values towards her as anyone else I had romance with. I made a promise and I will keep it to my death. No one will ever find out who she was. I have nothing saved on/about her but my memories. Email accounts deleted.
      April 2, 2017 1:16 AM MDT

Would you have started something knowing it though? Could you have approached her if you knew?
      April 2, 2017 1:19 AM MDT

I guess I'd have been suspicious if she was who she claimed to be. But I've been hesitant initially before. I would have chatted to her as she was the one reaching out for me. Ahem. Does this answer your question?
      April 2, 2017 1:24 AM MDT

Yes ma'am. Thank you. :)
    I was more curious to know how many people found it intimidating to seek out a partner who was "known."
    ... I wonder if it makes a difference in who is approaching as well.
      April 2, 2017 1:30 AM MDT

To me it will be huge difference, not the least now after been through the hiding, and the paranoia about accounts being hacked. Is a reality living in their world. They will/should be very much aware about this too, as they risk a lot especially being gay.
      April 2, 2017 1:36 AM MDT

It's sad that, in this day and age, being gay would matter. :/ I'm sure it does to some though.
      April 2, 2017 2:01 AM MDT

Depends on country and also what business you're in. I'd suspect any famous person will face some sorts of issues if they were dating in the open through any dating facility. Media will find it too interesting, no matter sexuality. Gay just adds to this, if they haven't come out. Luckily we see more and more coming out. It will help, although it shouldn't matter. Meh. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 2, 2017 5:29 AM MDT
      April 2, 2017 2:19 AM MDT

For me, I think it would depend upon how famous they were.  If it was someone very famous, I would probably be uncomfortable because I am a private person and wouldn't want to take a chance in losing that.  If it was someone who was well known but didn't have their private life invaded, I would get together with them and see where it goes. 

Then again, if I was just looking for a one night stand and nothing more, if it was done discreetly, I would hook up with them if there was a mutual attraction. 
      April 2, 2017 5:37 AM MDT

i might make a move for it
      April 2, 2017 4:47 PM MDT

Being intimidated would not stop me but rather that I would assume they just did not have enough room for me in their life.
      April 27, 2017 5:06 AM MDT