Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » WHY DON'T MOST PARENTS...........

WHY DON'T MOST PARENTS...........

Teach their kids to BE QUIET when theyre in the library?

I use the computers at my local library, and the place is usually filled with kids........of course they're gonna be noisy, but PARENTS!!!??  you can always teach them to be quiet there.

I did hear one young father say to his son...'now this is where we use our library voice'..........OMG I was so pleased to see that.........but he was one in a million.

so parents of young kids, I KNOW you have your hands full, but shouldn't teaching them SOME kind of 'manners' be a priority, too????

Posted - April 3, 2017

Responses

I agree. I, too, use the computers in my local library, and sometimes you just can't get any peace and quiet because of the small children. They do a children's play session on Wednesday mornings, also. They have notices up to warn you about that.
      April 3, 2017 8:48 AM MDT

Libraries should be glad ANYONE shows up anymore. Most kids would rather look at their iPad than go to a library.
      April 3, 2017 8:49 AM MDT

• The quiet library seems to be a bygone custom.  I too used to go to the library for quietness and have discovered that people carry on conversations as they might in a restaurant or a home. 
      April 3, 2017 8:54 AM MDT

Sadly, they often do.
      April 3, 2017 8:56 AM MDT

• Yes, that is my point.
      April 3, 2017 9:13 AM MDT

uh, NO you are so wrong.....after school hours this placed is packed with schoolkids doing homework, and socializing, too, to be honest.....Libraries are fun and vibrant places nowadays........just a little too noisy with the bad-mannered ADULTS who think they are outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      April 3, 2017 9:02 AM MDT

• Libraries are for quiet study.  Socializing is for home or the pizzeria.
      April 3, 2017 9:14 AM MDT

• It's because nowadays few parents consider teaching their  children control and knowing their place.   Same reason you go to the store and have 6 year olds running up and down the isles  with some parent asking them to please stop in an impotent voice. If even that.
      April 3, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

thats why they have a children's section, i think adults can be worse sometimes, Im in an apt and my neighbors are always talking loud in the halls, im in college and cant do homework here or study for tests, so annoying, id rather live with  a bunch of kids
      April 3, 2017 10:23 AM MDT