Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » What inspires you to come here?

What inspires you to come here?

Boredom

You are drunk

You are stoned 

You have no other life

To hide from your S/O

To read my stupid questions

To get a grammar check from Randy

Other

Posted - April 5, 2017

Responses

Other and sometimes it's a little bit of some of the other options. 
      April 5, 2017 4:43 PM MDT

Where is the "all of the above" option?
      April 5, 2017 4:48 PM MDT

• Hey... I was going to say that
      April 5, 2017 5:52 PM MDT

I missed that.
      April 6, 2017 10:54 AM MDT

OTHER - All of you people are crazy and I like crazy. This post was edited by Zack at April 5, 2017 7:13 PM MDT
      April 5, 2017 4:50 PM MDT

A mixture of 1,4,5 and 6. 
      April 5, 2017 5:02 PM MDT

• Depends on night ..... Last night was cos tired .... This night cos I just got home from early dinner where waitress lit cheese on fire and yelled ... OPA! So now I'm a bit drunkish .... So I'm trying  avoid do something stoopid .... So always for distraction... OPA! :)
      April 5, 2017 5:27 PM MDT

an ad that said if you come here you'll be super rich in 10 days.
      April 5, 2017 5:40 PM MDT

• Lol :) I missed that add ./ 
      April 5, 2017 7:18 PM MDT

Unlucky you, I'm swimming in gold here.
      April 5, 2017 8:29 PM MDT

• Hi Element 99,
    Well I come here because I am intrigued by the democratic potential for the Internet.
    Humankind making connections like never before, helping each other learning acceptance/tolerance, learning from each other good reason and logic, how to think.
    Once I even made a list of great things I have seen happen, including that the Q/A sites can save people's lives, can help with raising/guiding adolescents, companionship for terminally ill/help with death and dying, on and on.

Also, we Internet-ers might be able to undercut the more predatory problems of government, and just get it all worked out ourselves, who knows?
    In discussing all this with a couple aMuggers, one problem is that Internet could get controlled, shut down by the Powers That Be...
    Then another huge ongoing problem is trolls/flame warriors; just one or two can do huge damage to a site. I remember on Ask.com, I would get up really early when the trolls were out (moderation scanty); trolls would focus on questions like "I weigh 300 pounds and I don't want to live."

I would add my own softening answers, then send e-mails to moderation. Ask was difficult to moderate because they were a large site with a continual feed from their ASK.JEEVES search engine....
    Anyway, that is my dream for the Internet, and hey well maybe we on aMug here are the wonderful pioneers, here! Anyway, it is why I come plus I like the folks here and learn lots of stuff too.
      April 5, 2017 6:30 PM MDT

• Nice!
      April 5, 2017 7:14 PM MDT

• Well ty and I like the answers you and MorningStar give too, Dozy...tildes are important!
      April 5, 2017 7:20 PM MDT

• Nice , Virginia:) I think we both got attacked by same " troll" old site.  Happy we haven't encountered any here :)  
      April 5, 2017 7:21 PM MDT

• Oh Jaimie...I am laughing (now)...that was quite an experience!
      April 5, 2017 7:28 PM MDT

• It was :) kinda have to laugh at it , aye? I've never felt that much negativity spewed at me elsewhere...: feel sorry that person a bit cos was so uncalled for...and that site a ghost town from what I've heard since some of us left.... the drama :) lol ... To bad sooo sad :)  
      April 5, 2017 7:34 PM MDT

• Jaimie I will just tell you...yes it was difficult but I agree with you, I do truly feel sorry for the person.
      April 5, 2017 8:38 PM MDT

• I do too, honesty. Had alots of anger over cos hurt my feelings. Someone old site has come here message me/ talked me through it. So no more hard feelings. 
      April 5, 2017 8:44 PM MDT

Very beautifully written, and I agree with everything you said. Have a lovely day, Virginia :)
      April 5, 2017 8:33 PM MDT

• ty NobodyLair.37, and I am so glad you are among the companionship here.
      April 5, 2017 8:39 PM MDT

To hear about Randy D and his latest tilde escapade. 
      April 5, 2017 6:39 PM MDT

• It's the only place Mrs Didge will allow me out to play with my friends. (If I disappear for a while you'll know that she read something I wrote about her and grounded me. )

April 5, 2017 7:16 PM MDT

whose dis randy cariktor yore taking abutt ?
      April 5, 2017 9:14 PM MDT

• I only came originally because I was offered free cookies to join, but then realized there were no cookies. So I'm just here because I am, and it's a better to way to unwind after 13 hour shift at work. 
      April 6, 2017 12:01 AM MDT