Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Does Multicultural mean non-white? This playground center thinks so by asking a Mom and kids to leave because they are white.

Does Multicultural mean non-white? This playground center thinks so by asking a Mom and kids to leave because they are white.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/04/04/mom-with-two-kids-kicked-off-playground-for-being-white/

Posted - April 6, 2017

Responses

I think these people really just want segregation back..
      April 6, 2017 5:36 AM MDT

Sounds like it to me as well.
      April 6, 2017 5:19 PM MDT

Apparently the word does to these people.

I have always despised racism but also see how it comes about.

I lived in Hawaii for two and a half years, where I was a minority, and while most people were wonderful, I did experience a great deal of racism directed at me.

I am grateful for this experience though, it allowed me to get a glimpse of what minorities go through from just a few people.

We have made great strides in the last 50 years making more and more peace among races and ethnicity and although we had a terrible time for eight years and racism was set ablaze again, the most of us are going back to normal.

It must terribly hurt a child's feelings when they are subjected to such a thing and could possibly turn the child racist.

I pray we have peace for all, especially our children,
      April 6, 2017 5:41 AM MDT

• Damn hoale
      April 6, 2017 5:57 AM MDT

Yes, that's about all their little racist minds could come up with.
      April 6, 2017 1:27 PM MDT

I worked with a man a few years back who said he experienced the same thing while living in Hawaii.
      April 6, 2017 5:21 PM MDT

People are even murdered there for being "haole"...but does that make national news?
      April 6, 2017 7:10 PM MDT

I had to Google that word...I had not heard it before. 
    Racism against a someone who is not a minority never gets national attention unless it is to deny it.
      April 6, 2017 9:58 PM MDT

They also have a derogatory term for black people and a lot of local families use these words quite often.

I do understand the Hawaiians being upset, it is tragic how they were done and it isn't that long removed since Hawaii was made into a state, but the majority of locals are not Hawaiian, they are of many other cultural backgrounds but only the true Hawaiians should be using the term haole if anyone should. They aren't telling the Filipinos, Japanese or even Portuguese to go home.

It is really hilarious to hear a white Portuguese man call someone haole.

I might have been treated better in someways because my girlfriend was local but it also caused a lot of the racism to come out among some of the family.

Overall though it is a great place. It is just the few that are rude and that happens anywhere.

But white people are the minority there, especially if you subtract the military population that aren't permanent residents.
      April 7, 2017 3:06 AM MDT

• Have you any idea of the plight of the aborigines in Australia, are you aware of the almost apartheid conditions they live under? 
    Do you have any inkling of their daily struggles against non inclusion and forced segregation? 
    But none of that does it for you. A lady not being able to have her kids  playing in some playground is what moves you to action. 
    I very much doubt that a sense of injustice is what moved you to write this.

April 6, 2017 7:41 AM MDT