Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are you overjoyed or appalled at the co-mingling of religion and politics? Why?

Are you overjoyed or appalled at the co-mingling of religion and politics? Why?

Posted - April 7, 2017

Responses

• Appalled implies some level of surprise or shock to me.   It's how it's been for so long that  disenfranchised and sick-n-tired would be better descriptors.
      April 7, 2017 7:58 AM MDT

Touche EPEB! You are 100% correct! I AM sick and tired of it. Maybe not for the same reason you may be but that makes no difference. We agree on the point. Separation of church and state is a cliche/quaint/obsolete. That is very bad/sad/destructive. Politics taints religion irreparably and makes religion simply another weapon/ tool of Politicians who use it for what it will do for them and no other reason. SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 8, 2017 8:28 AM MDT
      April 8, 2017 5:30 AM MDT

No not really appalled, this has been going on for millenniums. World history has shown how involved and intertwined politics and religion have been. :) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at April 8, 2017 5:22 AM MDT
      April 8, 2017 12:31 AM MDT

I know and it seems to be getting worse and I don't like it one bit. Politicians use/abuse God/Jesus for their own political gains. I think it borders on blasphemy to use Them so shamelessly for the Pols' own ends. I don't know how you feel my friend. I think if religious people treat others with kindness and consideration that is the very best way to bring religion into everything they do. By being good examples. Just talking a lot without doing anything substantive cheapens religion I think. That's just my opinion. Thank  you for your reply Autumn and Happy Saturday! :)
      April 8, 2017 5:26 AM MDT