Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Clinton trying explain why she lost. She thinks Russia, FBI Comey, WikiLeaks, and Sexism. Do you agree?

Clinton trying explain why she lost. She thinks Russia, FBI Comey, WikiLeaks, and Sexism. Do you agree?

Posted - April 7, 2017

Responses

I'm an independent (bi-political---a new word perhaps?), but my voting choice was an easy one this time. 

Hillary may have done reprehensible things, but it was clear to me that Trump actually is reprehensible.

I just read an interesting phrase from the link in the question I just posted.

The phrase was "amateur president Trump."

Oh if we could only send him to the farm club before he takes us all there.
      April 7, 2017 1:55 PM MDT

That is actually how most of the country is....if they go blue it is because the cities out vote the rural areas.
      April 7, 2017 3:39 PM MDT

• THAT is truly fascinating, My2¢...
    Although I myself tend liberal, family members in Eastern Washington are profoundly frustrated; they live close to the land, providing the food, while Seattle folk in a disconnected ivory tower working on a computer make the decisions!
    ...but I had no idea that kind of pattern was over so much of the nation.
      April 7, 2017 3:48 PM MDT

I was shocked the first time I seen a county election result map as well. It was for Bush Jr. and the first thing I noticed was in my home state IL the most of the counties go red but Chicago outvotes everything...IL goes blue every time. But it was fun showing my parents that our county goes red every election.  I live in MO now and we are no longer a swing state, we have turned red for the last 5 elections. We have finally started coming out in numbers that beat St Louis and Kansas City. (Those are our 2 blue dots on the map)
      April 7, 2017 4:01 PM MDT

• Okay, ima look close and find those two blue dots now, My2¢!
    Kinda fun, here...
      April 7, 2017 5:45 PM MDT

Virginial, I have supported 3rd party candidates most of my life and I know the only reason Trump didn't run on a third part ticket this time is because he knew he'd hand it to Chelsea's mom on a silver platter.
      April 7, 2017 8:43 PM MDT

• ...I did not realize that Weylon...one of the most fascinating elections of our time, for sure!
      April 7, 2017 9:07 PM MDT

there she goes blaming everyone else again...she lost because she was a crappy candidate who was only running on the fact that she would be the first woman president...she needs to accept that shes not the president and go on with her life.

April 7, 2017 5:08 PM MDT

I though she lost because in this election the electoral college results didn't reflect the result of the popular vote---which is, coincidentally, the same reason why Trump "won."
      April 8, 2017 11:21 AM MDT

her whole campaign was just about being a woman...other than that why did anyone want her for president?
      April 21, 2017 9:06 PM MDT

• The answer is much simpler.  Trump got more votes.
      April 7, 2017 8:27 PM MDT

Not quite that simple---popular and electoral votes were inconsistent.
      April 22, 2017 9:11 AM MDT