Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » George W. Bush said he was a "war" prez. Trump sent missiles to Syria. Will he do a first-strike on North Korea next? Is Trump a "war" prez?

George W. Bush said he was a "war" prez. Trump sent missiles to Syria. Will he do a first-strike on North Korea next? Is Trump a "war" prez?

Posted - April 7, 2017

Responses

Obama was also a war time President. 
    As long as our soldiers are in combat ....We are at war.
      April 7, 2017 5:59 AM MDT

Touche sweetie. You're right. Are you supportive of the Tomahawk missiles sent to Syria on Thursday? I feel very very very uneasy. What comes next? Thank you for your reply 2c! :)
      April 7, 2017 6:04 AM MDT

Yes. I think it needed done. It was targeted at the military base Syria used to launch the chemical attack. It definitely sends a message that we will enforce the "red line" Obama drew about chemical attacks. 

April 7, 2017 6:08 AM MDT

That was a very unfortunate remark for Obama to make and not follow through with. Obama will be burdened with that forever.  What comes next though? First-strike on North Korea to smack them down for their latest missile test a couple of days ago? Living in California and having a son who lives in Honolulu makes me very uneasy about our proximity to North Korean missiles. The entire US West Coast is vulnerable. Hawaii is even closer to North Korea. AARRGGHH!  :(
      April 7, 2017 6:12 AM MDT

• I doubt anything will be dine regarding N. Korea right now. The missiles they detonated were just tests, not an actual attack on anyone. The main concern right now is what will be the reactions of Russia. They have come to Syria's aid before, and if they do this time we will all be in a world of hurt. I agree with M2C that it needed to be done, but it needed to be done a long time ago. Obama promised all of us they all of Syria's chemical weapons had been destroyed, I think he lied to us.
      April 7, 2017 6:20 AM MDT

I agree...NKorea is blowing smoke. We are not gonna bomb them, unless something changes. We are going try to work with China to put pressure on N K. 
    I had forgotten Obama said the chemical weapons were destroyed.
      April 7, 2017 6:24 AM MDT

The brave US military killed more civilians in Mosul than were casualties of the recent Syrian attack. 
      April 7, 2017 6:50 AM MDT

Weren't you complaining about Trump not immediately doing something after the gas attack?
      April 7, 2017 7:02 PM MDT

sounds like it
      April 9, 2017 5:43 PM MDT