Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Are Millenials the cruelest "nice" generation ever?

Are Millenials the cruelest "nice" generation ever?

Or Gen Z? The REAL monsters?

Posted - April 9, 2017

Responses

• As a general rule of the generational culture?

YES!   Need to realize though all the bat-crap of the millenial generation is the maturing of all the hippy BS of the Baby-boomer generation  The We generation was bound to spawn the fragile and emotionally driven culture.
      April 9, 2017 9:08 AM MDT

• Exactly!  ;)

Hey man Gen-X is pretty screwed up  too.  A lot of us are or were pretentious snobs who thought we were just too damn cool and important.  The generation that prototyped the dreaded hipster.

Maud Lebowski was the perfect caricature of what I mean.
      April 9, 2017 9:32 AM MDT

Millenials are at the forefront of social media bullying causing some to commit suicide. That is monster like.
      April 9, 2017 10:39 AM MDT

• That's kinda BS though.   We grew up with bullying too and it wasn't just words we chose to read on the internet.   I'm gonna get all this flack for saying it but that is more a symptom of being sheltered and not growing up with being told to deal with things themselves.   Bullying isn't any worse these days,  kids just aren't taught to develop a skin and backbone anymore or to defend themselves. 
      April 9, 2017 11:09 AM MDT

• The cruelest generation? What about the generations which produced witch and heretic torture and execution?  Slavery?  WWI and WWII?
      April 9, 2017 11:24 AM MDT

• Most cruel "nice" generation.   I think he means how the  current generation coming to age is focused on being tyrannically non-offensive and offensively sensitive and judgemental as hell to anything that upsets their flaky sensibilities. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 9, 2017 2:02 PM MDT
      April 9, 2017 12:53 PM MDT

"...focused on being tyrannically non-offensive and offensively sensitive and judgemental as hell to anything that upsets their flaky sensibilities."

Well said!!!
      April 9, 2017 1:03 PM MDT

I don't know wtf to make of those people.
      April 9, 2017 1:11 PM MDT

sounds like it
      April 9, 2017 2:50 PM MDT