Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you agree with Hillary that misogyny played a role in millions of women not voting for her contributing to her election loss?

Do you agree with Hillary that misogyny played a role in millions of women not voting for her contributing to her election loss?

Posted - April 9, 2017

Responses

Ikr?!  Lol
      April 9, 2017 12:37 PM MDT

• Bozette...this is absolutely excellent...I am in Donald Trump red country, timber-stricken, and this reflects very much the mood.
    Does not seem rational to me, but somehow even with the big timber gone now, people believed Trump would bring back their jobs.

Only 4,000+ hits on this YouTube video, I was surprised so small!
      April 9, 2017 12:45 PM MDT

• The 4,000 hits isn't very accurate.   It's a reposting and just how many times that person's posting of it has been seen.   Lot's and lot's of people have posted this and reposted this.

On this person's channel it has over 2million for example.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKeYbEOSqYc
      April 9, 2017 1:02 PM MDT

(lots)

Plural, not possessive.
    ~
      April 9, 2017 7:03 PM MDT

Realistically, I think people here are well aware that Trump cannot bring our jobs back.  There have been more factories torn down here in Flint since I moved here just over 20 years ago than exist today.  

The last line summed up the real reason people voted for Trump.  "Trump's election is going to be the biggest 'f*ck you' ever recorded in human history and it will feel good."  Because people are that fed up...with the government, with politicians, with the political parties, with everything and everyone.

As Glis pointed out, this has been posted and reposted often.  I chose to post this particular one because it included the transcript. This post was edited by Bozette at April 9, 2017 7:10 PM MDT
      April 9, 2017 1:23 PM MDT

• ty Bozette...very useful insight.

April 9, 2017 2:20 PM MDT

(the Clintons)

Plural noun, no apostrophe.
      April 9, 2017 6:53 PM MDT

• That is a fragmented sentence, Randy.
      April 9, 2017 9:34 PM MDT

Yes, it is.
    ~
      April 9, 2017 10:06 PM MDT

•   April 9, 2017 10:21 PM MDT

• Dear O-uknow,
    Yes, I think it is very possible that misogyny figured in Clinton's loss...and I was surprised.

I saw a TV interview of African-American women (in Detroit) saying as much; they voted against her because they don't think any woman is capable. Multiply that by the representative K's or maybe even millions of women?

Also, I think it is reasonable for Clinton to be evaluating the loss, and she does not seem to me to be in denial/making excuses/sour grapes. She and US voters are all looking for a way forward now.

And I did NOT vote for Clinton, btw...the DNC sabotage of Sanders was too much for me; then DNC and Clinton seemed to consider that behavior reasonable and normal.
    And reviews about Tom Perez, the new DNC chair, seemed rather mixed. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 9, 2017 10:03 PM MDT
      April 9, 2017 11:44 AM MDT

All those African-American women in Utah and Montana? Oh, you said Detroit ;) This post was edited by O-uknow at April 9, 2017 6:59 PM MDT
      April 9, 2017 12:08 PM MDT

• I was surprised at this strong attitude among African-American women, O-uknow...I would have thought other factors would take priority, especially among this demographic. They made me take more seriously the concern of misogyny.
    We prolly cannot ever know for certain, but as a factor it might have been really huge.
      April 9, 2017 12:32 PM MDT

I think that focusing on the ethnicity and/or gender of the electorate may be just as short-sighted as focusing on the ethnicity and/or gender of the candidacy.  For instance, I'm black, so some people assume that I have to be a Democrat, that I have to agree with liberal perspectives, that I have to vote for people such as Obama, Clinton, etc, etc, etc.

African-American women, just like anyone else, have the right to hold attitudes as they see fit, and those attitudes don't have to fit into little cubbyholes of the way their "supposed" to think.
    :(
      April 9, 2017 7:02 PM MDT

(candidate)
      April 9, 2017 7:12 PM MDT

Candidacy refers to the collective group of people who are candidates.
    ~
      April 9, 2017 10:31 PM MDT

April 9, 2017 11:35 PM MDT

There were several women I would have been happy to vote for. She just wasn't one of them.
      April 9, 2017 11:48 AM MDT

Yes but.
    Everything plays a role in everything. That is not news, and hardly worth talking about.
    So lets not.
      April 9, 2017 1:12 PM MDT

She can dish it out but she can't take it, isn't that the score?

Sure sounds like a whole bunch of sour grapes, sniveling and whining on her part to me. 

~
      April 9, 2017 1:39 PM MDT

• Randy D, I actually think your statement fits Trump better..."dish it out but can't take it"...I have admired her ability to 'take it' and come back for more, without (apparent) rancor...
      April 9, 2017 2:24 PM MDT

Thank you for your opinion.  I'm no great fan of Trump either.  Both of them were extremely poor choices for president of the US; as a nation, we faced a lose-lose situation at last year's election.  There are several instances in which Hilary Clinton acted in exactly the way she accused others of wrongdoing, yet she turned a blind eye to the same behaviors when it was her turn to perform them.  

As for lack of rancor, that's also an opinion to which you are entitled.  She quite often stated (shrilly) of the anger she had for conservative viewpoints and other perspectives that didn't fit into her agenda, so if that's not rancor, I don't know what is.

~
      April 9, 2017 4:55 PM MDT

• Well, I do think your evaluation of "lose-lose" is certainly accurate for this election!
    ...and maybe, again, I was looking at Hillary's lesser rancor compared to Donald.
      April 9, 2017 5:02 PM MDT

• She can dish it out but she can't take it.  Isn't that the score? 

Two sentences
      April 9, 2017 9:33 PM MDT

Incorrect, mon amie!  If in your opinion, you would rather to have written it that way, fine.  Then it would be your post, not mine.  I, on the other hand, by choice wrote it as one sentence containing two dependent clauses.  If you want to nitpick, at least know what you're talking about.  Nice try, but no cigar.

P.S.  Your final line is missing its punctuation.  I guess you're not really so good at what you're trying do, so quit copying my modus operandi.
    :)
      April 9, 2017 10:27 PM MDT