Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Surprising Ways To Break A Bad Mood & Start Feeling Happier #1: Eat some carbs, really?

Surprising Ways To Break A Bad Mood & Start Feeling Happier #1: Eat some carbs, really?

Category: Silly Questions.

Today's series is about breaking bad mood. No matter the cause of your bad mood, doing something that distracts you from the negativity at hand will help you bust out of the rut and bring more pep into your energy levels and mood. Whether you want to interact with others or feel more positive on your own, do what works for you for that instant relief and new outlook. (Source: bustle.com)

Carbs? Really? Don't feel like carbs, meh!

Complex carbs, not the refined kind found in white flour products and processed goods, can provide energy and properties known to enhance our moods. "Eating carbohydrates, preferably 100% whole grains, with protein-rich foods may boost the amount of tryptophan in your brain," says Keri Gans, MS, RDN, CDN, a spokesperson for America's Better Sandwich, over email with Bustle. "Tryptophan is then converted into serotonin, also known as the 'feel-good' hormone," she adds.

Posted - April 10, 2017

Responses

Carbs are what brought me to this weight which makes me really unhappy.
    Of course I was very happy while eating them.  
    Have a never tried recipe for bread that sounds wonderful with a crunchy outer layer.  That would make me very happy as well. However I am putting my happiness on the back burner for now. 
    Sigh!
      April 10, 2017 5:17 AM MDT

Lol. Carbs wasn't my first thought, and it was kind of anticlimax when reading it as #1. Such a downer. LMAO. That article was supposed to inspire. Sheesh.
      April 10, 2017 9:41 AM MDT