Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Trump was elected president because?

Trump was elected president because?

Posted - April 11, 2017

Responses

Wow...three of your questions...same answer. Stupidity.
      April 11, 2017 6:42 AM MDT

Sorry sweetie. It was not CONSCIOUSLY intentional. I cannot speak for my subconscious however. That is entirely controlled by BAD ROSIE! She is a very bad girl sometimes! Thank you for your reply Ele! :)
      April 11, 2017 10:24 AM MDT

Not to worry...I thought it was kinda fun. I guess the whole world runs on human stupidity. Einstein thought so.
      April 11, 2017 11:18 AM MDT

You do realize of course that STUPID is the new normal politically, right? In the olden days as I recall intelligence was admired and respected at all levels. Today? Hah! I don't know why or when STUPID took over or for how long STUPID will be in charge but I expect I won't live to see the day intelligence returns. I sure hope I'm wrong! Thank you for your reply Ele! :)
      April 12, 2017 7:38 AM MDT

• His opponent ran a terrible campaign. 
      April 11, 2017 7:56 AM MDT

I agree.  D'ya think it was once again due to arrogance? That she and her campaign folks thought that THIS TIME it was a slam dunk? Thank you for your reply Z and Happy Tuesday to thee! :)
      April 11, 2017 10:26 AM MDT

• Yep. Good analogy. 
      April 11, 2017 10:39 AM MDT

I am truly befuddled by that. How could they make the same mistake twice? Thank you for your comment Z and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      April 12, 2017 7:39 AM MDT

COs sadly there's a lot of seriously f*d up people? 
      April 11, 2017 7:56 AM MDT

Sweetie you're asking me? As if I know? I don't know. I don't have a clue. Trump is such a loser on so many levels I cannot conceive of any reason (logical reason) that any half-way intelligent person would have taken him seriously much less voted for him. What they saw thrilled them. What I saw scared me to death and still does. Thank you for your reply Addb! Some day maybe we shall figger it out! I mean why would any reasonable person who cares about his/her loved ones want this abomination as head of state?:(
      April 11, 2017 10:29 AM MDT

Because the stupid people frighteningly outnumbered the rest of us that day. Then again, there was that dumb Electoral College thing. A stupid as s**t concept. This post was edited by Zack at April 11, 2017 1:39 PM MDT
      April 11, 2017 10:29 AM MDT

Electoral vote-wise only Zack. Hillary won by something like 2.8 million POPULAR votes but because of our STUPID SYSTEM winning the majority of the people's votes wasn't good enough. What a dumb-a** system! We got screwed when Gore ran for prez and we got screwed again with Hillary.  You know what they say about computers? Junk in junk out! Well we put junk in with the dumb-a** electoral college crap and look what we got stuck with this time? The last time the Supremes intervened and instead of fighting Gore gave up and moved on. Dumb-a**, stupid-a** election system. How long do we keep paying for it? Forever? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      April 11, 2017 10:43 AM MDT

I amended my answer to reflect the Electoral College stupidity.
      April 11, 2017 10:46 AM MDT

((hugs)) Thanks for telling me m'dear. In all the annals of all history who could think up such a  dumba** system as that? I mean c'mon! If there were a contest for DUMB wouldn't that win hands down? AARRGGHH! SIGH. Thank you for your additional comment Zack and Happy Wednesday! :)
      April 12, 2017 7:42 AM MDT

Give the correlation between having at most a high school education and having voting for Trump, I'm thinking that too many people with further education tend to live in the cities than in rural areas.
      April 11, 2017 10:30 AM MDT

So you're implying the less-educated folks voted for Trump? That just gave me n idea for a question I'm gonna ask my friend. You will recognize it.Thank you for your reply tom! :)
      April 11, 2017 10:46 AM MDT

Low-education majority-minority counties shifted toward Trump---

Highly educated majority-minority counties shifted toward Clinton---

High-income, medium-education white counties shifted to Trump---

High-education, medium-income white counties shifted to Clinton---

Clinton collapsed in the 50 least-educated counties---

Clinton’s margin surged in the 50 most-educated counties---

(But read the summary at the end of the link)

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/education-not-income-predicted-who-would-vote-for-trump/

April 11, 2017 10:55 AM MDT

I sure appreciate that you went to all that trouble to educate me(us) tom.  My gosh but that is certainly overwhelming evidence. They measured it 70 ways from Sunday so to speak and you cannot escape that conclusion. Is that why so many Pols prefer uneducated constituents? They're easier to bamboozle? Uh-oh. Another question! :)
      April 12, 2017 7:45 AM MDT

Rather than edit my above comment, I am adding a post script here:

One's judgment is only as good as one's information---One's education frequently determines the quality of the information one brings to that judgment---

The less a voter knows, the less likely he will understand and accurately evaluate what is being said or being promised.
      April 11, 2017 11:10 AM MDT

True. Less educated constituents. It what's pols dream of having! :(
      April 12, 2017 7:46 AM MDT

He is not Hillary Clinton
    He said he would "drain the swamp"

He promised to make America safer
    He promised to bring jobs to America
    He said he would not let other countries take and take and take from us then take advantage of us as well.  There is more.  Google it online.

April 11, 2017 7:17 PM MDT