Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » How scary is this if true? http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/syria-strike-swayed-by-heartbroken-and-outraged-ivanka/ar-BBzHz3o?OCID=a

How scary is this if true? http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/syria-strike-swayed-by-heartbroken-and-outraged-ivanka/ar-BBzHz3o?OCID=a

Posted - April 11, 2017

Responses

Not scary.  Who is not outraged by it? 
      April 11, 2017 12:41 PM MDT

• It is scary when it's supposedly based on the whims and emotions of his family members.
      April 11, 2017 1:15 PM MDT

Silly..........drink some more koolaid
      April 11, 2017 6:32 PM MDT

• Do you have Lime or Tropical Punch?

I'm sorry we  didn't realize that Ivanka's emotional hysteria was a crystal ball to create policy and decide actions on. 
      April 11, 2017 6:38 PM MDT

If you don't believe there are emotions involved in these kinds of decisions you are delusional.  Mr. Trump, the son, should probably not be so open with the press since all words are twisted and the masses are so easily influenced. 
      April 11, 2017 6:50 PM MDT

• His daughters emotional hysteria shouldn't be a reason to launch 59 freakin' missiles.  Not to mention  none of us really believe that had much to do with it and anyone who does without question is drinking the kool-aid and  isn't thinking.  
    It wreaks of BS and was a stupid and pointless move that goes against his whole campaign promise.   I didn't vote for him.  I didn't vote for Hillary.  Yet Hillary was rightfully slammed for her no fly zone nonsense she wanted so desperately that would have provoked Russia.   Now Trump is being excused for launching missiles???????   GIVE ME A BREAK! Trump is a liar and you want to  excuse him for it.  Freaking warhawks.
      April 11, 2017 7:09 PM MDT

His daughters emotional hysteria  Who said anything about hysteria?

goes against his whole campaign promise   How so?

you want to  excuse him for it  Don't put words in my mouth.

April 12, 2017 1:49 PM MDT

Outraged for sure, but scared at what moves him to action.
      April 11, 2017 5:09 PM MDT

• I wish people could learn how to post a proper link correctly.  It's not hard.
      April 11, 2017 1:16 PM MDT

Just select the link and then right-cick on it and choose "open in a new tab"
      April 11, 2017 3:01 PM MDT

• That's what I did.   Still would be nice if people just learned the simple process of providing proper links.   It's pretty easy to do it correctly and easier for the audience.  Just sayin'.
      April 11, 2017 3:07 PM MDT

Generally speaking, if one is too lazy to figure out how to open a link, then I am not interested in their opinion.

But I will admit, I did not know how to post a link until you brought the subject up.

I now see the link button.

I will learn.
      April 11, 2017 5:08 PM MDT

• Don't even need to use the button.  Just have to past it in the description.
      April 11, 2017 5:12 PM MDT

I did paste it.  Where is the "description" box or whatever you are referring to?
      April 11, 2017 5:13 PM MDT

• It looks like the reply boxes but is under the spot you post a question in.   Instead of putting address in the question box if you put in the description box below it then you get a functioning link.
      April 11, 2017 5:18 PM MDT

OK, thanks.

I have only asked 2 questions.  I did see that box, but wasn't sure what it could be used for.
      April 11, 2017 5:28 PM MDT

• You're welcome.   Be honest I'm just busting balls.
      April 11, 2017 5:30 PM MDT

You still had a valid point.
      April 11, 2017 5:31 PM MDT

A little scary. We all want politicians who keep a clear head and do not act on emotional impulse.

That said politicians are people too. With as much right as anyone to have emotions. That is what "checks and balances" are all about. As I understand most of the senators in congress approved of Trumps decision and supported it. And frankly, I find that much more scary than Trump making an emotion driven decision.
      April 11, 2017 2:59 PM MDT

Thanks.

It's only clear to me that Trump acted after his daughter told him she was upset.

I doubt anybody wanted her to instigate policy or actions.
      April 11, 2017 5:12 PM MDT

• If true then, yes, it's scary. International incidents of this kind are too serious to be triggered by a father's emotional response to a daughter's anger.
      April 11, 2017 4:32 PM MDT

Precisely.

A potential problem when the leader of th US does not have his principles and possible course of action clearly at hand when necessary.
      April 11, 2017 5:15 PM MDT