Active Now

Swoop62
Element 99
Thebigd
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Business » FLIPFLOP! This time it's the CEO of United Airlines. Did an 180-degree turn from day one to day two. Why not do/say the right thing FIRST?

FLIPFLOP! This time it's the CEO of United Airlines. Did an 180-degree turn from day one to day two. Why not do/say the right thing FIRST?

Day One he backed up his employees for DRAGGING a passenger off the plane. Then all he** broke loose! Day two he was very apologetic and remorseful. What an a**. Like we believe it isn't all about the millions of dollars United lost/gawd-awful press and he doesn't give rat's a** about the injured passenger. Big-time Big-league jacka**! :)

Posted - April 13, 2017

Responses

The employees called the authorities to resolve the situation.

The authorities accomplished what they were required to do, but in the worst possible way.

i see no inconsistencies in his applauding his employees for doing what they were told to do and also in regretting what the passenger was then subjected to by those authorities.

But the way he did both those things would have destroyed any crowbar in the world---and apparently did.
      April 13, 2017 8:56 AM MDT

I disagree with thee. I think he said/did everything wrong. So what, right? Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 13, 2017 10:22 AM MDT

He supported his internal clients.  

He regretted what is the arguably poor judgment on the part of the authorities called who had the final responsibility of carrying out the enforcement of the contract of carriage.

Disagreeing with me in general is just fine.  Disagreeing with me on this is also fine, but I'm not sure how you can argue for your position.
      April 13, 2017 1:58 PM MDT

A passenger who PAID FOR HIS SEAT was DRAGGED off the plane and injured in the process. The CEO backed up his employees' actions and implied it was the fault of the passenger and the airline/employees had acted appropriately. The stocks tanked and UAL lost tons of money because of that initial unjustifiable and outrageous reaction. Then Mr. CEO comes back trying to rectify his egregious response by sounding ever so remorseful saying "it never should have happened.". Had the stocks not tanked and had UAL gotten good press coverage nothing would have come of it. But the outrage exploded and except for folks like you who saw it differently UAL realized they were in deep trouble and had better do something about it and fast. That is all I have tom. If it isn't enough for you that's fine with me.  It wasn't the fault of the passenger that UAL OVERBOOKED the flight. When you screw up you don't usually blame your customers. Do you?
      April 14, 2017 4:40 AM MDT