Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Dr. David Dao, the 69-year-old physician who was injured while being DRAGGED out of a UAL plane is suing. How much should he get?

Dr. David Dao, the 69-year-old physician who was injured while being DRAGGED out of a UAL plane is suing. How much should he get?

His injuries include a broken nose, concussion, two knocked out front teeth. Reconstructive surgery will be needed according to his attorney.

Posted - April 14, 2017

Responses

• How much do they have?
      April 14, 2017 7:03 AM MDT

Hahahahahaha! Wow Ozgirl. This is one PERFECT answer! I dunno. Their stocks were TANKING and they are   trying to survive this PR nightmare. What it is costing them apart from whatever Dr. Dao sues them for must be many millions. Billions maybe? I read that because he is Asian the Asian community is going to boycott UAL because they think that was part of it. Perhaps it was!  If it was UAL will never admit it of course! Thank you for your question. A great answer it is! Happy Saturday m'dear!  :)
      April 15, 2017 5:11 AM MDT

• Supposedly the computer does the picking based on frequency of travel etc
      April 15, 2017 6:26 AM MDT

Oh. Then in that case it can't have anything to do with nationality/ethnic origin. Thank you for that info Ozgirl. I did not know that! :)
      April 15, 2017 6:27 AM MDT

• I did say supposedly :)
      April 15, 2017 11:23 PM MDT

I took the supposedly as being what you thought happened. If it doesn't work that way I won't blame you Ozgirl. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday.
      April 16, 2017 4:46 AM MDT

• :)
      April 16, 2017 5:10 AM MDT

My guess is 5million. $2 for the incident and $3mill for public humiliation. (How many people have seen it?)
      April 15, 2017 5:42 AM MDT

I don't know m2c but I personally have lost count of how many times I have seen it. I see it multiple times daily.  I mean the guy lost two teeth, had a concussion, a broken nose and needs reconstructive surgery! I dunno if $5 million will cover it. Anyway I'm glad the reaction was so starkly anti-UAL. They will be paying for their very bad judgment on the initial day for a long time. Nothing they say thereafter matters. It was that arrogant and uncaring attitude after it happened that did the damage to them. Being all remorseful and apologetic after they got their butts kicked badly means nothing! Thank you for your reply!  :)
      April 15, 2017 6:31 AM MDT

He should get 5 million just for the public humiliation he was put through. Hi rosie, i've missed you! :)))) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at April 16, 2017 4:46 AM MDT
      April 15, 2017 11:26 PM MDT

I missed you too my friend. Glad to see you're back. Hope whatever took you away from us for awhile was that you were having so much fun you didn't have time for us! Just read that UAL has a new rule. Employees  CANNOT remove seated passengers. I just could not believe it! The violence was shocking to me.  I think it shocked everyone including all the other airlines. Thank you for your reply Autumn and Happy Joyful Easter Sunday! :) ((hugs))
      April 16, 2017 4:49 AM MDT

He should take them for all they're worth ..anyone in authority that abuse their given powers should also suffer the consequences as should those above them that set out things or sanction it. 
      April 16, 2017 5:00 AM MDT