Discussion » Questions » Military » Mother Of All Bombs (MOAB) dropped in Afghanistan. Non-nuclear. Typical. Blame the mother. Daddy dearest is always blameless, right?

Mother Of All Bombs (MOAB) dropped in Afghanistan. Non-nuclear. Typical. Blame the mother. Daddy dearest is always blameless, right?

Posted - April 14, 2017

Responses

Seems like only dozens were killed.

I'd have expected a few thousands at the least for all the hype.. 
      April 14, 2017 8:15 AM MDT

I thought it was quite interesting to note that neither George W. Bush nor Barack Obama chose to use it at all. I had never heard of it until now but we've had it in our weapons arsenal for years! But of course The Donald did use it. I guess it was more for show than for any go we got out of it! Flamboyant! Dramatic!  Just what a celebrity entertainer would choose to do to get attention! SIGH. Thank you for your reply Malizz and Happy Saturday!  :)
      April 15, 2017 3:44 AM MDT

• In most instances of violence, mom gets the credit. Let's not forget football players on the bench waving at the camera and saying: Hi Mom.
      April 14, 2017 9:07 PM MDT

Hahahahahahaha!(that's nervous laughter FYI). Guilty as charged! Mea culpa. Bad Momma! Thank you for your reply driftwood. My kid never played football but he did play in Little League baseball and I was a sidelines mom cheering him on! Boy that was lotsa decades ago! Thank you for your reply driftwood! L(
      April 15, 2017 3:41 AM MDT

• The bomb is named Massive Ordinance Air Blast or MOAB. Mother Of All Bombs comes from the acronym. If they had used the word Destructive instead of Massive, it would be called the Daddy Of All Bombs.  

April 15, 2017 5:30 AM MDT