Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do know a religious person who is quite annoying?

Do know a religious person who is quite annoying?

Posted - April 14, 2017

Responses

• Most actually. Yeah. I said it

I was taught to keep your religion to yourself, so anything beyond those parameters annoys me
      April 14, 2017 12:39 PM MDT

99% of the religious people I know are nothing but annoying. to be fair, they're not necessarily to blame, I just find stupidity and ignorance annoying.. and religion has both in spades. This post was edited by nobodylair.37 at April 15, 2017 7:24 AM MDT
      April 14, 2017 12:46 PM MDT

•   April 14, 2017 12:51 PM MDT

• To be honest, not any more.   I used to know a few who were overly preachy but drifted away from them.   The few friends and family I have who are quite religious aren't very judgemental and keep their faith as a personal thing.

I do run into lots of annoying as hell religious  a$$hats though when out and about.  Mostly JWs, Pentecostals, Methodists, and Baptists.
      April 14, 2017 1:10 PM MDT

I met loads online... many were very misogynistic which was always going to annoy me,others were very bigoted.. but fortunately I have never met a religious nutter in real life in the UK.  I do happen to have a neighbour who is very religious - she's completely lovely.. she is kind to everyone, talks to everyone, would help anyone and lives her life as a true Christian should imo... caring, kind, respectful of others and no she's never tried to shove her religion down anyone's throat..
      April 14, 2017 1:46 PM MDT

• It often goes with the Territory... Abs have really snappy answers to most questions along the lines of the lord moves in mysterious ways
      April 14, 2017 1:56 PM MDT

• Quite a few, the more vocal they are, the less tolerable they tend to be. I do find amusement in the devout who attempt to convert me. 
    Belief is a deeply personal matter, and should be kept to one's personal business. 
      April 14, 2017 2:02 PM MDT

You and I are still cool even though you are quite a bit more religious than I'll ever be. Still, you seem so friggen hot. No idea what you look like, but it doesn't matter.
      April 14, 2017 5:47 PM MDT

• Everybody does. Fortunately most religious people keep their religion to themselves -- or until they're among their fellow believers where their opinions are welcome.
      April 14, 2017 5:55 PM MDT

Yes, she's also a rabid vegan. That's the worst possible combination I can think of. Everything sets off her sermon mode..
      April 14, 2017 7:04 PM MDT

My mom's a born again Christian and she's kind of annoying about it but I can let it slide because she would still be annoying no matter which faith she followed.

My MIL used to be into positive thinking and the Law of Attraction and she was super annoying about it.  Even my hubby said she was annoying about it lol.  She finally gave up on it but yeah, anybody who says something bad happened to you because you secretly wanted it to happen to you is going to annoy a whole lot of people!

April 14, 2017 8:42 PM MDT

There are 2 at my work. One male, one female. Every opportunity they can get to shove it down your throat, they will. The male one especially. I'm not kidding, it's like you start your shift and and straight off the bat, it's like; "Good morning, would you like to talk about the bible?" No thanks. 
      April 14, 2017 9:15 PM MDT

There will be a few, luckily there are also a few who are anything but annoying.
      April 15, 2017 6:41 AM MDT

People are often busy or preoccupied and sometimes annoyed by sincere people that sincerely care about their well being. Someone having a good time ice skating may be annoyed by someone warning him that they are skating on thin ice. Someone on the Titanic was apparently annoyed by someone on the Californian. I would think that any loving person would share life saving information that they had.

There were warnings given to the Titanic prior to striking the iceberg by a nearby ship the Californian. The responce was "Shut up, shut up, I am busy; I am working Cape Race". http://www.titanic-titanic.com/collision.shtml
    http://www.titanicinquiry.org/USInq/AmInq08EvansCF01.php

This world is in a similar situation. People are busy, overconfident, and skeptical. You never know when someone might soften their heart and listen, so we keep going to their doors.

(2 Timothy 3:1-4) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God,
    (Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
    (Matthew 28:19, 20) Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

(1 Timothy 4:16) Pay constant attention to yourself and to your teaching. Persevere in these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who listen to you.

April 15, 2017 7:05 AM MDT

• I do know religious folk who could be considered annoying, but I try to keep in mind that we are all just trying to do the best we can.

And if anything, the dogmatic, fundamentalist, closed-minded and wild-eyed atheists can be even more difficult to get along with.

I speak from experience, having been thoroughly scolded by both as to the error of my ways.
      April 15, 2017 7:24 AM MDT