Active Now

Shuhak
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "We are on the brink of nuclear war". Words heard on TV. Do you agree? Are you a nervous wreck too?

"We are on the brink of nuclear war". Words heard on TV. Do you agree? Are you a nervous wreck too?

Russia and China are allegedly imploring the US and North Korea to tamp it down. I thought China was supposed to be holding North Korea in check. Who holds Trump in check? Aren't they a matched pair? The North Korea roly poly and the US roly poly?

Posted - April 15, 2017

Responses

I doubt if this will be the case. North Korea is still a tiny country, and even if they develop a long range nuclear missile, it would be pretty dumb of them to attack the West.
      April 15, 2017 7:07 AM MDT

From your lips to the Universe! Let it be so! Thank you for your reply  HarryD! :)
      April 15, 2017 7:20 AM MDT

Aren't we always on the brink of nuclear war though?
    I feel as though I'm becoming desensitized.
      April 15, 2017 7:36 AM MDT

Hello Rosie:

In my lifetime, the closest we've come to nuclear war was the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962.  In my opinion, we're CLOSER today.  Back then, we had a clear eyed president running the show.  Today, our president is anything BUT clear eyed..

goody
      April 15, 2017 7:42 AM MDT

• My usual reaction to North Korea getting aggressive is something along the lines of "must be April again" but with Donald Trump in the White House it might be a cause for worry. I don't think the North Korea vs America would be a world ending nuclear apocalypse, but if Trump does send a nuke in NK's direction and everything works out ok on a global scale, he might try it again, and we might not be so lucky. That said, even if it did just end in North Korea, it would still be a horrifying loss of human life This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 15, 2017 11:10 PM MDT
      April 15, 2017 11:09 PM MDT