Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Trump said he gives his military full authority to act as it sees fit. Is that wise or un?

Trump said he gives his military full authority to act as it sees fit. Is that wise or un?

Posted - April 15, 2017

Responses

Hello Rosie:

When your charges carry GUNS, it's ALWAYS a good idea to keep a TIGHT rein on them..  IF you're a hammer, EVERYTHING is a nail..

goody
      April 15, 2017 7:31 AM MDT

He was asked directly if he was the one that gave the order and said he leaves it to his military to whom he has given full authority to act. That unnerved me. Isn't that what Ike warned us about? Beware of the Military-Industrial complex?  Trump doesn't decide? He delegates authority and then goes off and plays golf or eats "beautiful" chocolate cake? Seriously?  Thank you for your reply goody! :)
      April 15, 2017 11:46 AM MDT

Bad move. The military is supposed to be run with civilian control. There might be a trigger-happy General or Admiral out there. No checks or balances...KABOOM.
      April 15, 2017 7:39 AM MDT

Bingo! How long ago did Ike WARN us about the Military/Industrial complex Ele? How many decades ago? It really unnerved me when I heard him say that. Doofus Donny is clearly clueless! Thank you for your reply!  :)
      April 15, 2017 11:47 AM MDT