Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Would your pet take a bullet for you?

Would your pet take a bullet for you?

My dog would take a bullet for me in a heart beat but because of the long talk I had with him he understands that my wife is a bit of a punk so in a situation it's her that I expect him to protect and or take a bullet for. I'v had a few loyal dogs in my life but he's the first one that I know I could count on to do something like that. Cheers and happy weekend!

Posted - April 15, 2017

Responses

• I talked to him about this and he told me that he would ... after I became President.
      April 15, 2017 5:56 PM MDT

She'd probably run off with her tail between her legs (she's all bark, no bite). I don't blame her, I'm not worth it anyway. She does pull sand spurs off my shoes (I pull them out of her little paws so I guess she's returning the favor), so that's good enough.
      April 15, 2017 7:07 PM MDT

One of mine would, no doubt. The other might laugh at me as I lay dying. I'd take a bullet for either of them!
      April 15, 2017 7:26 PM MDT

Mine looks like a goofball, and she is, but she's also very loyal and protective. People who don't know her are terrified of her when she gets going, and I bet that alone would be enough in most cases. I've never thought she was going to attack anyone though, so I don't know if she would actually go for someone who seemed like a threat. She's way more likely to scare them off.
      April 15, 2017 7:40 PM MDT

• I have a cat. What do you think? lol

April 15, 2017 8:38 PM MDT

The real Harry, his royal hineyness, would flinch, pee, then run and hide at the noise the gun would make.  When it quiets down, he most likely would bark at the other person for a short time while he is standing on top of my inert body.  The biggest issue would come when it's time for him to eat.  I wouldn't put it past him to start eating my face if dinner is late.   So, that's a roundabout way to respond with an emphatic (and very pissed off at his lack of loyalty) "no," in answer to your question.
      April 16, 2017 6:17 AM MDT

So like the guys in the commercial, he would just notify you that you had been shot---not try to interfere or fix it. 
      April 16, 2017 10:22 AM MDT

Yes. Self-preservation is SOP for this muttley. :-(
      April 16, 2017 12:38 PM MDT