Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do you scare easily? What would it take to silence you? Why?

Do you scare easily? What would it take to silence you? Why?

Posted - April 16, 2017

Responses

No, I don't scare easily.
      April 16, 2017 10:03 AM MDT

I imagine if someone were to put a gun to my head I'd be pretty scared. But having folks not like what I say and telling me so?  Naw. I say what I want when I want and if someone has a problem with it that's ok with me. No sweat!  Thank you for your reply FNR! :)
      April 18, 2017 6:45 AM MDT

There have definitely been a few times in my life when I was genuinely afraid, not temporarily spooked, but that heart-dropping sort of fear, you know? The common denominator was that someone other than me was in real, immediate danger. Three of those times involved my son and another child. Others involved myself and friends or relatives.

I've actually had a gun stuck in my face on more than one occasion and while it's certainly a show-stopper, at the time that elicited more anger than fear. When two unpredictable pitbulls broke through a fence and charged me barking and nipping while I was holding my then 2 year old, terrified son, I was legitimately afraid. lol My heart felt like it was going to explode.
      April 19, 2017 7:24 AM MDT

I get scared pretty easy but it would take a lot to silence me and to quote Doug of Doug and the Slugs "I speak up when I feel it's right. I jump up when I know I got to fight. Until then I just take it day by day by day by day by". I bet if you find the song "Day by day" by "Doug and the Slugs" you would think it's pretty groovy. Cheers!
      April 16, 2017 10:43 AM MDT

I already  do think it is VERY GROOVY based on what you wrote Nanoose! I have never  heard of it before now. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday!  :)
      April 18, 2017 6:42 AM MDT