Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What was the highest and lowest temperature you've had to endure in your city?

What was the highest and lowest temperature you've had to endure in your city?

Posted - April 16, 2017

Responses

Well bearing in mind I work in degrees Celsius  - I remember temps of -4 several years ago... and we have had 37 before in the summer.. mostly though we get pretty temperate weather - nothing exciting. We Brits can't deal with tornadoes etc lol we freak out if a couple of snowflakes fall :P
      April 16, 2017 11:42 AM MDT

• It's gotten around 115 here in North Carolina and a few winters ago it went as low as 1 in my city. It was freaken cold! Although, I'll take the cold over the heat any day of the year! I should live in Alaska.
      April 16, 2017 12:04 PM MDT

The lowest temp I experienced was -40 (same in F and in C). Outside the city, there have been much colder temps and of course, with the wind chill, they feel colder. The highest was probably around 105 F,40 C. 
      April 16, 2017 3:55 PM MDT

I can't remember what the highest was since it's so normal to be so darn hot. I think the lowest was 19F, but I still never got to see snow. I did see icicles though, so that was cool.
      April 16, 2017 7:18 PM MDT

We had a day in July of 1995 where the air temperature was 102*, but the humidity was also very high.  It made the real feel temp a very dangerous 129*!  Many people died that day around the city.  

I can also remember a few times of the temp being below zero with incredible wind chills putting us near 40* below.

BTW...I am a weather nut, so I remember this sort of thing with ease.
      April 17, 2017 12:00 PM MDT