Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Who the smeg is `Benedict Arnold` & why does his name show in italics?

Who the smeg is `Benedict Arnold` & why does his name show in italics?

Posted - April 16, 2017

Responses

• Is a generic name given when someone leaves
      April 16, 2017 2:32 PM MDT

Benedict Arnold was a no-good, dirty, rotten, traitor who deflected during the Revolutionary War.

Ooh... you mean here on answerMug? That's the account name that becomes associated with content when someone closes their account or gets deleted by an admin. Sure, we could just call them "deleted members" or "former members," but where's the fun in that?

If you'd like to read more about the traitor, feel free to browse the Wikipedia page about him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benedict_Arnold  

You can't click to see the accounts because the accounts no longer exist. Unless the content, itself, somehow identifies the poster, there's no way to tell who wrote it anymore.
      April 16, 2017 2:32 PM MDT

Or she!! I have been a Benedict Arnold... I was very, very hurt by some things on here that I felt were undeserved... and because I was so upset I decided to leave... However, there are good people on here and some good aspects of being on here as opposed to other sites so I rejoined and fortunately was allowed back.  
      April 16, 2017 3:01 PM MDT

Oh and I could love you forever just for using the word smeg - made me smile and smile
      April 16, 2017 3:04 PM MDT

I asked JA about it once....I really like that name sounds so high and mighty....Benedict Arnold....almost like Mathew Arnold;))
      April 16, 2017 3:09 PM MDT

• I think he created an egg dish with some sort of sauce.
      April 16, 2017 3:28 PM MDT

mmmm.

April 16, 2017 5:19 PM MDT