Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Music » Will the Belfast Child sing again?

Will the Belfast Child sing again?

my favorite song by my favorite group - - sing it, Jim Kerr and group!

Posted - April 16, 2017

Responses

• Iris Dement - "Our Town"

April 16, 2017 6:10 PM MDT

"He was the tender and I ordered a beer."  
    ~ 0:58 mark in the video - - I fell in love with the guy in the image at first glance, ha!
    :)

I've never heard of Iris, I believe. I've not heard this song before, either. I absolutely love both her voice and this song! I was drawn in immediately and she never let me go! What a perfect song to hear as the sun goes down on the evening here.
    And whoever in YouTubeLand chose these images for this song? To me, they caught the song's simplicity and poetic sadness perfectly. (I particularly liked all the town images.)

I'm so glad you posted this song and I heard it for the first time, ALF! Beautiful!
      April 16, 2017 6:25 PM MDT

• Glad you liked it, Welby.  It was used as the closing song for the final episode of the TV series "Northern Exposure."  They added an extra verse to the song just for the show, so it's not in this video. Anyway ... YouTube used to have a video of that ending, but I couldn't find it.  I'm pretty sure it's been removed, as most of the rest to NE episodes are gone as well.
      April 16, 2017 6:37 PM MDT

• Agree... Haunting and ethereal like so much Irish music...
      April 16, 2017 7:16 PM MDT

And I agree with your agreement, too, Ozgirl 256! Thanks!
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 17, 2017 11:43 AM MDT
      April 17, 2017 11:40 AM MDT

I'm with you all the way, WingedWonder!
    This song really shows Kerr's voice in such great clarity. And I like the song, too. The video is good, too. 
    Thanks for answering!
      April 17, 2017 11:43 AM MDT

• Oh...that is exquisite...thank you, glad to find this post.
      April 17, 2017 12:17 AM MDT

You're welcome, VirginiaL! Thanks for responding and I'm glad you like the song as I do.
      April 17, 2017 11:44 AM MDT