Discussion » Questions » Finance » Harry Dent, Founder of Dent Research, says the Dow Jones average will drop to 6000. Unless that's a fake fact. Could it happen? How?

Harry Dent, Founder of Dent Research, says the Dow Jones average will drop to 6000. Unless that's a fake fact. Could it happen? How?

Posted - April 17, 2017

Responses

It is possible but not likely. The safety stops will kick in at a 10% drop and suspend trading.
    It could happen with a total loss of faith in the American economy.
      April 17, 2017 7:44 AM MDT

What is your opinion of where it is now?  I'm not in the stock market. I learned my lesson long ago. A bitter lesson. I don't have the nerves for it. Do you think it is way overvalued and a correction (significant one) is just around the corner?  Would you invest now? I'm not asking if you have because that's none of my business. But would you? When is high too high? Thank you for your helpful reply Deaves! :)
      April 17, 2017 1:47 PM MDT

It is over valued. I use caution at this time. I only invest in companies that I understand their business and where they are in the market.
    When the market corrects it is not across the board decline. If you know the company you invest in and it is a sound company that people want or need it will weather the storm just fine.

When the decline starts many people will sell out of fear. The time to buy is after the sell off. Then the market will recover and you gain.
      April 21, 2017 8:38 AM MDT

It seems incredibly high to me just now Deaves. I don't have the temperament to be in the stock market. It sounds to me as if you are the PERFECT investor. Years ago my best friend informed me of a "sure thing". She invested many thousands in it. I invested $4000. That was a lot of money to me. Cut to the chase. The stock started tanking and by the time I sold it I took a$3500 loss on my taxes.  It had to do with failing a stage 3 FDA test and they had to scrap it and start from scratch! I know folks can make tons of money if they are patient and knowledgeable but it's kinda scary for me. I think your requirement for investing is very wise. I didn't understand anything about what I invested in. I took my friend's word for it. She lost a lot of money and felt very bad that she caused me to lose money too. Being knowledgeable about where you put your money is the way to go. Too bad I didn't realize that at the time. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday.
      April 21, 2017 11:11 AM MDT

It didn't in fact it is at record highs now.
      November 10, 2017 5:32 AM MST