Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Electronics » Why do they not make 'Somewhat, But Not Particularly, Smart Phones' for people like me and politicians?

Why do they not make 'Somewhat, But Not Particularly, Smart Phones' for people like me and politicians?

My so called Smart Phone died to death.

It was only 4 months and 1 day old when it died but had suffered tremendously the last couple of months.

I got a new similar model but of course the SIM card is not the same, and I cannot recall all the information.

I have somewhat of a hearing impairment and plain English is a must, any accent I can understand, so long as it is clearly spoken English but this rules out telephone customer service.

Reading the user manual would be so easy and I would much rather just complicate things and ask another stupid question.

Surely you didn't read all this. I really hope not, because if you did, you might want to seek professional help.

Thanks for reading and have a great day/night depending on where you are and when you were reading this.

Get well soon my friend.

Yes, yes I know.

Posted - April 17, 2017

Responses

• lol

They do
      April 17, 2017 8:49 AM MDT

I'm thinking more of a hybrid with this and an android...
      April 19, 2017 3:03 AM MDT

• I got you covered
      April 19, 2017 10:02 AM MDT

That looks like one my boss had in 1995.
      April 19, 2017 9:26 PM MDT

I read it!!! Oh dear is there no hope for me?? I am a mobile phone fan..., lol so I read it... love mine :)  Sorry your's isn't behaving itself :(
      April 17, 2017 8:58 AM MDT

Oh goodness Adaydreambeliever, how can you read all that rambling? You are a good listener. :)

It did work itself out as things always do. :) This post was edited by weylon.com at April 19, 2017 11:58 AM MDT
      April 19, 2017 3:05 AM MDT

maybe they need to make better ones
      April 19, 2017 3:35 PM MDT

"Reading the user manual would be so easy ..." (in OP). Oh, I could not agree more strongly.

The Professional Geeks who design IT and telecomms equipment & software now all assume "We All" know all there is to know about their products and services. So they limit instructions to, at best, mere aide-memoires for the experienced user, or at worst, slide responsibility off to so-called "Frequently Asked Questions" that answer no questions you have, and to "Users' Forums" [sic] that show only that the manufacturer is too bloomin' lazy to write any sort of manual! 

I can't be bothered with a lot of it. I own and use as much as I both need and wish to own and use for my own purposes, whatever British Telecomm, EE, Microsoft et al arrogantly assume otherwise.

My main telephone is on the same land-line as this computer. My portable 'phone is basic - just voice and text plus a few accessories, and switched Off more than On - no camera, no Internat access. Nor am I one of these types who feel lost and lonely when not meandering unpredictably along crowded streets while shouting into a block of plastic; or risking severe tendonitis if not first run over by a bus in writing the sequel to War and Peace on it.

Anyway, since when has a small box of electronic components ever been "smart" except in appearance? It's an inert, non-sentient object. Its designers are "smart" in the sense of clever, but they are human beings!

X
      April 19, 2017 4:32 PM MDT