Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Should breast implants be paid for by insurance?

Should breast implants be paid for by insurance?

Necessary augmentation for well-being?

Posted - April 18, 2017

Responses

• Kool-aid?.. Are you crazy?... You been into the cat nip again?
    I want something exotic!
    This is what I had in mind.
      April 19, 2017 6:52 AM MDT

Okay.  The Jim Jones Apocalyptic Kool-Aid blend is reserved for those extremely hard to convert people anyway.  I will make a special batch of Carmen Miranda's Fruit Juice Extravaganza for those that prefer the taste of exotic fruity goodness. ;-)  
      April 19, 2017 7:39 AM MDT

• And while you're at it, let's move the location from Jonestown ... Place gives me the creeps for some reason
      April 19, 2017 2:07 PM MDT

Oh dear this is so funny;))
      April 19, 2017 8:57 PM MDT

Harry said it. Health reasons, let me in that respect add mental heath is included. IMO. This however opens the discussion when something is a mental health issue, and when it's a beauty/fashion issue. Personally I would not consider any cosmetic surgeries out of any other reason but physical health issues. 
      April 19, 2017 2:44 AM MDT

If somebody thinks their "well being" depends on the size of their breast ... they should get psychiatric help, not plastic surgery.
      April 19, 2017 8:07 AM MDT

There are other reasons for breasts implants. Just saying.
      April 19, 2017 8:21 AM MDT

The question specifically mentioned "necessary augmentation for well being".

Thus, my answer addressed that "reason".

April 20, 2017 3:31 PM MDT

Hello O:

The government and/or insurance companies should stay OUT of the decisions between doctors and their patients..  If a girl wants large knockers, WHY shouldn't she have them?

goody
      April 19, 2017 8:46 AM MDT

So, you think insurance companies should pay for  a woman who wants bigger boobies, but shouldn't question why the necessity of it?
      April 19, 2017 10:05 AM MDT

Hello Harry:

I think an insurance company should pay the bills.  If it's FINE with her doctor, it should be FINE with the insurance company..

excon
      April 19, 2017 12:07 PM MDT

I know, that you know, doctors can be bought.  Medical insurance, like home & car insurances, is coverage bought for a specific reason. You know what will be covered, and what won't, when you purchase it.   If someone isn't happy with the size of their breasts, they can have the procedure done on their own dime, not mine.  
      April 19, 2017 1:02 PM MDT

It has nothing to do with the government making a health decision.  Why should I pay more insurance so someone who doesn't think their rack is big enough can get implants? 
      April 19, 2017 10:14 AM MDT

Hello SS:

Because if you don't like THAT procedure, somebody is gonna come along and take away a procedure you DO like.  In my view, insurance should cover EVERYTHING a doctor orders.. 

goody
      April 19, 2017 12:12 PM MDT

It isn't a question of what procedure you like.  Anything that is not deemed medically necessary should not be covered by insurance.  I don't want to pay because your tatas aren't the size you want, or because you don't like the gender you were born or any other non-medically needed operation.  That is not what insurance is for. 
      April 19, 2017 1:52 PM MDT

• BS....  Logic and reason needs to be included and not just willy-nilly on silly procedures like cosmetic surgery.  Under your illogic tattoos and piercings should be cover by health insurance because they fit the strictest definition of minor surgery.

Thank science most people have better common sense.
      April 21, 2017 12:53 PM MDT

• BTW I want to add it's absurd insanity like yours that gives helps keep better healthcare options from being developed.  You're just cutting your nose to spite your face with this crap.
      April 21, 2017 12:55 PM MDT

• Because the cost of the health insurance pool whether private or government funded shouldn't be burdened by  vanity and procedures that aren't necessary to the good health and life of a person.   Having itty bitty titties is a " too bad, so sad" personal problem.
    It's absurd to expect anyone else to contribute to cosmetic surgery.
      April 19, 2017 11:51 AM MDT

Hello Glis:

When you go down that road, some guy isn't gonna wanna pay for WOMEN'S health - ANY women's health. Somebody is gonna come along who doesn't wanna pay for addiction..  Somebody is gonna come along who doesn't wanna pay for blood..  Somebody is gonna come down the road who doesn't wanna pay for circumcision..  The list is endless..

To avoid those arguments, I think we should cover EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY..

goody
      April 19, 2017 12:18 PM MDT

• Breast implants aren't a health issue.    Step into reality for a moment.

Circumcision isn't either.  In fact it's barbaric. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 19, 2017 8:58 PM MDT
      April 19, 2017 12:26 PM MDT

only if its cause of something like breast cancer like someone said
      April 19, 2017 9:36 AM MDT

• I'm on the same bus as everyone else regarding Harry's comment 

April 19, 2017 9:53 AM MDT

Good.  I didn't want to have to force you to drink the Kool-Aid.  
      April 19, 2017 10:16 AM MDT

• Mark this day, Harry. I defer all my attention-whoring to you
      April 19, 2017 10:26 AM MDT

April 19, 2017 1:11 PM MDT