Discussion » Questions » Jobs » How much extra would you charge for an additional child (infant) as a nanny?

How much extra would you charge for an additional child (infant) as a nanny?

If both kids were under 3, one of them an infant.... (3 months)..I know this woman through my aunt, although before helping her with the first child did not know her, only my aunt did, and I gave her a 'discounted' range which looking back I shouldn't have; I would be getting more for one child elsewhere, but I was glad to even have something with her then 8 month old. How much to charge per hour , more , for an additional child (infant) ? I have looked online and people said 2-3 bucks more an hour, but some said 5 is more realistic with all the duties... what do u think?

Posted - April 18, 2017

Responses

Again, you have to check the rates in your area and charge what your market bears. If you're in a posh area of LA or NYC, you can (and should) charge a whole lot more than you would if you were working in some podunk town in Minnesota. Check out sites like Care.com and Craigs List to see what people with your experience are charging in your area. Don't forget to compare minor details, like if you have CPR certification or some kind of education that relates, you should be able to command more. If you're doing cooking and housework, you should be able to charge more.

It doesn't matter what any of us suggest as fair because we don't know your market. This is from 2014:

April 18, 2017 11:04 PM MDT

Thanks JA! I find this very informational. Appreciate that ..
      April 19, 2017 9:44 AM MDT

personally, i wouldve been glad to get anything myself since im living on nothing, i would do at least minimum wage for all of them
      April 19, 2017 9:30 AM MDT