Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Nostalgia Time take nine?

Nostalgia Time take nine?

Answer Mug appears to be dying ... I just logged back in.. in 7 hours, 23 questions, 6 members ... Something is wrong folks ... The regulars aren't anymore ... I think this is appropriate.

Posted - April 19, 2017

Responses

I would never want members to feel like they are walking on eggshells and every issue raised on this thread has its exceptions. I guess what I dislike is when it appears that members are trying to make the site into their own personal playground, without regard to whether others want to wade through multiple repetitive questions or a private conversation that pops ups in their notifications. 
      April 20, 2017 8:06 AM MDT

• Well, you said nostalgia! How about a good song to lighten the gloomy mood here. I've seen this on quite a few sites lately that I've checked out. Like WingedWonder? I come here for some peace and relaxation.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 21, 2017 8:39 PM MDT
      April 19, 2017 5:40 PM MDT

• Thanks Rooster ... maybe what we need ... time in the chill out corner :)
      April 19, 2017 7:03 PM MDT

ahhh Love those guys
      April 21, 2017 8:40 PM MDT

Personally, this is my busy season....So I just don't have as much free time.
    I do leave when there is just innuendo all over the site.
      April 19, 2017 6:20 PM MDT

Oh.
      April 19, 2017 6:22 PM MDT

Dang, almost made it through one page, but I am not interested enough to go through three.  Let me just say that while I do not care for the censorship, I am a member of a site where people are allowed to censor you at any point in a conversation by blocking you.  Otherwise, anything goes.  So here, I cannot say what I wish, but there (where anything goes) I can, but someone can block me, making it appear as if I could not respond, when I was actually prevented from doing so.  Either way, I am censored.  I realize and accept that it is up to the site owner what is allowed...I am just questioning the worth of being on either site.  
      April 19, 2017 7:33 PM MDT

• Thanks you your input, I appreciate your honesty.
    Irrespective of any worth in being on either side, my feeling, shared by others, is that the current system which is used inconsistently (my view anyway) is stiffeling the site and leading to an unnecessary decline in users... And possibly a premature death ...
    These are my thoughts and thanks for your input
      April 19, 2017 8:32 PM MDT

Agreed that censorship is inconsistent.  That actually makes sense, though.  It means that common words like "bitch", which can simply mean what we are all doing on this thread, are censored inconsistently because few are reporting it, and the censoring is often done when a mod happens across something, rather than because it was reported.  

I have noticed a slow down here, but I really just chalked it up to spring...people vacationing, spending more time outside, preparing for summer and open houses, and the like.  Every site I have ever been on has had slow periods, it isn't necessarily a death knell.  Also, just because someone doesn't show up in the members online section doesn't mean they are not here or here and active.  I used to appear 24/7 just because I don't log out, now I opt to not appear there at all.  I am often here and scroll through the activity feed, but find little of interest, for reasons already stated and some unstated, which is the biggest issue to me...JMHO.
      April 20, 2017 9:28 AM MDT

• Thanks Bozette ... I didn't know you could opt out of appearing if you were logged on ...
      April 20, 2017 1:47 PM MDT

Yep, your green dot still shows on your avatar, but you won't show up in the members online section.  It also keeps you out of searches and browsing members.

In Settings, go to Privacy settings and check the box at the top if you want to opt out.

April 20, 2017 8:33 PM MDT

hanks Boz I just did that.
      April 22, 2017 12:50 PM MDT

Welcome.  :)
      April 22, 2017 12:58 PM MDT

Oh wow, this question and the responses....;))umm AM has its odd moments....I don't login when anti-trump torrential rains occur....we always seem to have the monsoon season here;)) It feels like Florida or better still Seattle where it keeps raining throughout the year....the hurricane went by people came back to their lost lives but here....??
    Regarding the sexual innuendos ...in the beginning I felt really awkward coming from a sheltered family it was a shock the blatant display of passion here, i and a few more exchanged messages and wondered what was AM coming to? ..I literally hid ...then SapphicHeart and Winged Wonder took time to patiently explain to me about what sexual orientation is and that I could rest assured that no harm will come to me if I continued; that they would never make advances towards those who feel discomfort. From then, whenever I felt perturbed I would avoid those questions and matter was solved. Having said that, I became normal and in fact I realized that they are more passionate, more generous hearted more emphatic and more caring.
    AM is a mirror of the real world, society comprises of all sections, so also on AM we have questioners who make it easy for us not to open the daily newspaper, they dish out for us all the headlines and making it sound like it was seen by their naked eyes, it is good, we don't need to go to news channels. I don't touch these questions, cutting snippets of information and posting as questions isn't my cup of tea. I'd rather probe human psyche. I have not come here to write an exam, I have come here to chill, yes to me chilling means putting on my silly hat and trying to evoke a smile. I don't argue with those who are always sour, it is not their fault, their repressed anger has to outflow, let it erupt, let it erupt. If silly questions are not allowed, I bid adieu. Oops did I get carried away;))
      April 20, 2017 4:32 PM MDT

*applause*
      April 20, 2017 4:35 PM MDT

Umm thanks SapphicHeart;))
      April 20, 2017 4:38 PM MDT

No, I am the one thanking you for the sweet words. I wasn't aware I had such influence on you when reaching out. I just wanted to be sure you were okay, and would know I never would want to deliberately hurt your feelings in any banter, and wanted to ivite you to always be welcome to tell me if I step over a line with you when interacting. :-)
      April 20, 2017 4:52 PM MDT

Yes, you really made a difference SapphicHeart..you showed me how to see your world and I thank you for it;))
      April 20, 2017 5:02 PM MDT

Then I am happy. :-)
      April 20, 2017 5:12 PM MDT

(Folks, I think that this is the LONGEST post I've ever seen from Veena.K!  It's great!)

April 20, 2017 6:13 PM MDT

LOL...I remember you convincing me too..dear friend;))
      April 20, 2017 7:52 PM MDT

Thank you Winged wonder, I'm moved by your kind words as always!
      April 20, 2017 11:48 PM MDT