Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » When you dismiss one thing how do you justify outrage over related things that follow?

When you dismiss one thing how do you justify outrage over related things that follow?

Example.. Bill Clinton's extra marital sexual activity, while president, dismissed. Trump's sexual vulgarity, before politics, cause for outrage. Clinton was even accused of rape! Go figure.

Posted - April 20, 2017

Responses

Well, dismissing stupidity does not eliminate it.
      April 20, 2017 9:24 AM MDT

• Could say the same thing for those who were outraged by Bill Clinton and dismiss Trump's behavior as "locker room talk".

People only care when "the other side" is doing something wrong. When it's one of their own, they go to great lengths to defend them and dismiss what happened.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 20, 2017 9:12 PM MDT
      April 20, 2017 9:27 AM MDT

Aye, indeed young man, aye, indeed.
      April 20, 2017 9:13 PM MDT

:  I  OMG tell me it's not true. :  (
      April 20, 2017 9:53 AM MDT

Bill was ACCUSED of rape. Guilty until proven innocent? Monica never claimed coercion. He was guilty of adultery but not much else.
    Trump, on the other hand, bragged about abusing his position of power. Clinton never stated, on or off the record, that "grabbing her by the pussy" was an appropriate course of action.

Nobody wants to impeach Trump for that comment either - they have plenty of other grounds. Emoluments, libel, treason, racketeering and interfering with public records for starters.
      April 20, 2017 5:09 PM MDT

More than one accused him of sexual assault. Where there's smoke there is fire ;)
      April 20, 2017 9:11 PM MDT

Likewise if you throw enough mud, some will stick.
      April 21, 2017 12:43 AM MDT

• Bill Clinton went on the telly and lied about his relationship with Monica, he was most emphatic and then he had to backtrack and admit he lied. He didn't just commit adultery he lied to the entire country.
      April 23, 2017 1:39 AM MDT