Discussion » Questions » Jobs » What was the most dangerous part of your job today?

What was the most dangerous part of your job today?

For me it was getting hit with falling pine cones. There was a Red tailed squirrel harvesting pine cones - they go up the tree chew the cones off and let them drop to the ground. There was a cone hitting the ground or me ever 5 or 10 seconds - kind of cool how hard and quickly they work. Cheers!

Posted - April 20, 2017

Responses

• You mean a red squirrel?  Red tail squirrels don't live in North America.
    Tamiasciurus hudsonicus CT.jpg

I hate these little bastards!  The are worse than mice when they get in to things and aren't even big enough to eat.

April 20, 2017 7:11 PM MDT

It's the same every day - I'm in strangers' homes, customers can be unpredictable. I've been threatened,  bitten by a dog, abused, etc. Goes with the territory.
    I get killed with kindness, too - if three customers in a row offer me coffee, I then have to find a public toilet somewhere to get rid of used coffee. OHS regulations state that I'm not allowed to use customers' facilities. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at April 20, 2017 7:41 PM MDT
      April 20, 2017 7:38 PM MDT

I could drop something heavy on my foot.
      April 20, 2017 7:53 PM MDT

I had a squirrel almost pee on me once.  I wasn't working though.  What kind of job to you have anyway?
      April 20, 2017 8:47 PM MDT

Since I'm not at work today, there will be n workplace hazards.  When I am at work, the biggest hazard is getting a paper cut.
      April 21, 2017 2:57 PM MDT