Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » One of the wisest, savvy AM member decided to close his account, is this beginning of a new trend?

One of the wisest, savvy AM member decided to close his account, is this beginning of a new trend?

just now my2cents informed that Didge has closed his account, to a query I just made. A versatile, astute questioner has left a huge void. Nowadays, I have to go on a search and seek questions  which appeal, which are thought provoking. When my attempts turn futile I decide to frame a few of my own and await responses for  them. Has AM decided that it is not for ALL?

Posted - April 20, 2017

Responses

• Such a shame. He was interesting and amusing... Oh well. A member left.

The biggest elephant in the room is this comment, "Has AM decided that it is not for ALL?"

This is not a AM thing. It's a member thing. If someone leaves on their own volition... Oh well.

I admit the site isn't perfect, but what site is? If it doesn't work for you...Oh Well.  

Happy trails.

April 21, 2017 12:19 AM MDT

Thank you, appreciate your response.
      April 21, 2017 4:54 PM MDT

Aww I loved Didge, he was cool.
    Hopefully he would return someday.
    Maybe he just needs some time away from all the bothersome political questions. Sometimes I avoid this place if it's flooded with those.
      April 21, 2017 12:21 AM MDT

Let's keep our fingers crossed!
      April 21, 2017 4:55 PM MDT

Once you close your account, it cannot be undone- he'll have to create another if he wants to use the site again.. i made that errorest mistake of deactivating my original account and thinking that i could reactivate it later on.. Sad to see him go though. he was a good person and Amer. This post was edited by Skunky Stinkerson at April 22, 2017 3:20 PM MDT
      April 21, 2017 1:51 AM MDT

He was. He will know as he deleted before. At a point we don't keep getting back to a place we turned away from. I have a feeling this might be the case here, and it won't be the last as some issues are ignored by someone.
      April 21, 2017 2:14 AM MDT

Hi Skunky, I didn't know one has to close an account, I thought one can just stop logging in. Yes, my friend he was a gem.
      April 21, 2017 4:58 PM MDT

Aww nooooo not Didge :(  Is anyone in touch with him outside of here? I would wish someone could pass on MOST of our good wishes, I would wish he knew how much his intelligence and gentle humour was appreciated here.  I cannot imagine Didge ever crossing swords with anyone here and in many ways he was an inspiration to us all, dealing with things in good humour.

Didge, if you ever read this.... come backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk - I, along with many others, will miss you - you were definitely one of the good ones x
      April 21, 2017 2:08 AM MDT

I think that often when we connect with people online, we just cannot know how the reality is for them.. people can appear strong and confident online but in real life they can be much more vulnerable - so I can only imagine that D felt compelling and overwhelming reasons for leaving... i've been there so I know sorta how it goes... I came back... I can only hope he does too... I guess the lesson for all of us here is... be a little kinder, a little sweeter and a little more forgiving.. you seem pretty good on all those fronts from what I've seen but perhaps the rest of us could use a little help on those fronts because I am sure none of us would have wanted D to leave..
      April 21, 2017 4:25 AM MDT

Very well said ADDB.  Sometimes hurts happen behind the scenes and most of us aren't going to use the forums to work out our hurts.  I know anytime I left some place for a short stint, I was working out my own stuff and didn't explain myself to many people.  

Didge is doing right for himself and that is what matters.  But if he gets a chance to read any of this, I want him to know that there is a whole community that enjoys him and will miss him a lot if he doesn't return.  
      April 22, 2017 3:26 PM MDT

Hi Peapod, it took me two days to let the realization dawn,,.i was kinda upset to even come on AM, Didge with his wise, jovial personality was a gem here and we seem to have lost him;((
      April 23, 2017 5:00 PM MDT

It truly is a loss.  I am hoping he will come back.  
      April 23, 2017 7:29 PM MDT

Highly doubtful because he wouldn't have closed his account....I think he is made up his mind;((
      April 23, 2017 8:18 PM MDT

• He'll see this as I or Virginia will make sure it gets passed on to him.
      April 21, 2017 6:48 AM MDT

I hope he hears you, daydreambeliever.
      April 21, 2017 5:00 PM MDT

You're mistaken, I'm still here, ...oh you mean Didge. Are his old post still here or did they get deleted when he closed his account? I did a search on Didge and nothing came up. Sad
      April 21, 2017 5:05 AM MDT

Yes, Didges posts are still here. But when you officially close your account your name is changed to "Benedict Arnold".
    Here is a link to one one his last posts. He is BA on the first page.

http://answermug.com/forums/topic/27994/nostalgia-time-take-nine/view/page/1
      April 21, 2017 5:19 AM MDT

Not true. His most valuables ones aren't here any longer. All his wonderful blog entries are gone.
      April 21, 2017 5:22 AM MDT

Ok sorry....I did not look and truthfully would not have known if any blogs etc  were gone. He must have deleted them before he left as closing your account does not automatically remove posts.
      April 21, 2017 5:30 AM MDT

I believe it does. Happened to every member leaving who had made blog entries.
      April 21, 2017 5:32 AM MDT

I don't know maybe the blogs are set up different. I know post stay. There maybe a question when deleting that asks about deleting blogs. I have not ever deleted so not sure. But see the BA posts in the q&a. 
      April 21, 2017 5:39 AM MDT

Thanks, but when I clicked on Benedict Arnold to see his other post, it took be to  about:blank
      April 21, 2017 7:06 AM MDT

All who left are Benedict Arnold. Already too many of my friends have turned into Bendict Arnold's. Meh.
      April 21, 2017 7:10 AM MDT

I am so sad........:(

I had no idea we were losing such great people.  Accck.  I know I am only one poster here, but I really like just about everyone here, especially those that just left and/or considering leaving.
      April 22, 2017 2:27 PM MDT

More to come. :-/
      April 22, 2017 2:30 PM MDT