Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Element 99
Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » One of the wisest, savvy AM member decided to close his account, is this beginning of a new trend?

One of the wisest, savvy AM member decided to close his account, is this beginning of a new trend?

just now my2cents informed that Didge has closed his account, to a query I just made. A versatile, astute questioner has left a huge void. Nowadays, I have to go on a search and seek questions  which appeal, which are thought provoking. When my attempts turn futile I decide to frame a few of my own and await responses for  them. Has AM decided that it is not for ALL?

Posted - April 20, 2017

Responses

tears of a cat sad kitty cat crying GIF
      April 22, 2017 2:40 PM MDT

Everyone is making their own consequences out of the situations they end in. 
      April 22, 2017 2:55 PM MDT

I don't think it will bring you to their profile page. Or at least I have never been able to by clicking the Benedict Arnold name. 
      April 21, 2017 7:29 AM MDT

http://answermug.com/forums/topic/27994/nostalgia-time-take-nine/view/page/1

Perhaps it disgusting post like some in the following link that Didge was referring to in your link above when he said:

[Benedict Arnold (Didge)

I haven't been here as often. 

Even by-passing the daily surge of hate posts about Trump, there's been so much sexual innuendo recently -- both gifs and text -- that aM has lost its shine. Sex is fun and with a little subtlety can add a quality to a site like this, but so many posts have been as classy as a small boy writing naughty words on a lavatory wall. If we want to post that sort of stuff, surely it could go in adultMug.

I hope we can get back to where we were a few months ago. It was a very pleasant site to visit. 
       April 19, 2017 2:43 PM PDT]

http://answermug.com/forums/topic/28158/i-am-your-messiah-i-love-you-all-even-if-you-spite-me-but-i/view/page/1
      April 22, 2017 7:06 AM MDT

• I knew something about this as I've known Didge for years and recently, Virginia and I had a few e-mails discussing this. There are some big holes in the type of moderation here and lot's of us see it. I have a feeling that more will move on to to other things soon also, including myself. I like it here but I do see the bias and it's not right. It isn't easy being a Mod as I've been one and it's a balancing act every day. Some you just can't please no matter what and some just don't care. I come to Q&A and opinion sites to enjoy myself in friendly banter but when there is nothing to talk about? Time to look elsewhere. I think Didge just got fed up as some of us older people have a little different morals and values and just know our own ways. I don't mind most of it but it does get irritating at times and I just leave. Hopefully JA and her Mods will have a meeting of the minds and clean up some of this crap or more members will leave.
      April 21, 2017 6:57 AM MDT

You know you will be missed should you do what you have in mind, and so will the others counting right now. I learned you all to be a friendly crowd coming over. Had lots of banters, and good talks all along. 
      April 21, 2017 7:03 AM MDT

YES
      April 21, 2017 7:39 AM MDT

Thank you Rooster, you have raised many good points. You might miss him greatly here, fortunately you can be in touch with him via other methods of communication. please convey our regards,his presence will be missed here.
      April 21, 2017 5:04 PM MDT

Rooster...please just take a break if need be.  I have done it and it really feels good.  I really like seeing you around.  
      April 22, 2017 2:25 PM MDT

• I'll do my best PeaPod.
      April 22, 2017 2:29 PM MDT

Seriously.  I really have left sites to get my head together and have never regretted coming back.  We often forget that people really DO miss us being around.  I was out for health reasons and never thought for a moment that anyone really would worry I wasn't lurking around as usual.  Well, I was wrong.

We all make this site.  And I can't say this enough....we ARE one of the best ones out there.  I don't know of any other group of people that are more diversified, yet most never bully another when challenged.  We really do a lot of things right here.  I think the world of most people here.
      April 22, 2017 2:59 PM MDT

Tis a sad day for me to hear this.
    Didge brought some real deep character to 
    this site that I really did enjoy and respect.
         For awhile there the site had some depth
    that really sparkled, that I hadn't seen
    in many sites that I have been on.
         For me this is a sad day, for what he contributed
    was a soulful depth of character that was priceless...
         His experiences that he shared always touched 
    me deeply, and as I tell you this tears are running down
    my face...
         wow...didn't expect this.
    especially tears from someone leaving...sorry.
    Ya'll have a good day.
         Cheers Didge.. Really Enjoyed your company.
      April 21, 2017 7:35 AM MDT

So beautiful written, and so true. Cheers Didge. Cheers Baba.
      April 21, 2017 7:45 AM MDT

Thank you Baba that was an amazing piece of soulful writing. It did touch deep chords of my heart.
      April 21, 2017 5:06 PM MDT

• I sent the link to Didge and we talked some.
      April 21, 2017 5:27 PM MDT

I maybe wrong in saying this, but I feel that most people join these sites with no particular expectations (playing it by ear). But as time passes we tend to fall into a niche as we do when becoming a part of a new community or group & our world shrinks a little. If we’re not careful that the world we create online may start to not live up to our expectations for various reasons, hence having an effect on the world we live in away from here. But at the of the day is that AM's fault or is it the nature of all online chat groups? after all were dealing with people & their personalities here.
    I'm not heavily involved with the site's forums or posting of threads or even answering questions & therefore no libel to make many friends. So my little world here consists of about fifteen % threads & eighty-five % live chat. Thanks to my busy life I've found myself spending less time here & when I do jump on to say hi to my hand full of chat friends they are either not here or in the middle of doing their own thing. Consequently, I'd be left hanging & at times feel as if I was more of an annoyance to a couple of them. Nobody's fault, but I'd log off feeling rather disappointed to the point where I was starting to feel that this is just a complete waste of time & energy & was considering closing my account & walking away. So in saying that, I can understand why people decided to move on for their own reasons. Fortunately, I think I have resolved my little dilemma for the time being.
    It's really unfortunate that Didge has decided to move on because from what little I knew of him, he appeared to be intelligent, very friendly, excepting by nature, young at heart & not to mention a good sense of humor, a sad loss to AM
      April 21, 2017 10:52 PM MDT

• It's a great loss to a few of us who have known him for many years. At least we still e-mail and I understand why he left.
      April 22, 2017 7:29 AM MDT

I loved seeing Didge around here and I am saddened and shocked he left. 

I haven't been on in the last several weeks consistently since I had health issues and surgery.  I am doing well again and hope to be more in touch.

Didge was like a nice hot cup of coffee in waiting when I would sign on.  He was always pleasant, informative, and just a great poster.  I sure hope that whatever happened, he will consider returning.  I too have left sites for a break and returned feeling refreshed.  

Didge...please come back.  
      April 22, 2017 2:15 PM MDT

Less than an hour ago we had to say bye to another very contributing and lovely member. VirginiaL you will be missed too. I am sad my reaching out came too late. :-/
      April 22, 2017 2:17 PM MDT

This is making me sad Sapphic.  I just got my ass back on here.  
      April 22, 2017 2:23 PM MDT

• I sent the link to this question to Didge and I'm sure he sent it on to Virginia. He explained some of his reasoning but I see that he has been on blurtit. Maybe he feels more comfortable there.
      April 22, 2017 2:26 PM MDT

He can always float between the two and find his happy medium.  He just needs to know that more than a few of us love his posts and enjoy talking to him.
      April 22, 2017 3:00 PM MDT

I like them both so much and they will be missed.
      April 22, 2017 2:44 PM MDT

They will. :-/
      April 22, 2017 2:53 PM MDT

Yes they will be missed dearly!
      April 23, 2017 5:04 PM MDT