Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Out with old. Replace with the new. Some jobs just diappear with progress. Did yours? Did you have to retrain for something else? When?

Out with old. Replace with the new. Some jobs just diappear with progress. Did yours? Did you have to retrain for something else? When?

Posted - April 22, 2017

Responses

I was suffering from severe depression after losing my factory job due to the downturn in demand for buggywhips, but things are brighter today; I just received word that a full-time position is available for me, and I plan to begin work bright and early on Monday morning. I paid the employment recruiter big bucks to find an opening, but I'm sure that every penny was worth it. Transitioning from making buggywhips to making buttonhooks for shoes should be a breeze!

Hey, wait a second . . .
    ~
      April 22, 2017 11:58 AM MDT

Remember dear Bootsie Randy? Our Answerbag pal? She could set you up in a top-of-the-line boot emporium. I'm sure she has an "in" everywhere bootwise. Thank you for your  reply and the graphic and Happy Sunday.  Do you happen to know of any colleges/universities that train coal miners? Trump says he's gonna bring back back all their jobs. He didn't say when. :(
      April 23, 2017 3:50 AM MDT

Wow, a blast from the past!  I wonder whatever happened to Bootsie; did she ever appear here at AM?  She was as cool as a refrigerator!
    :)
      April 23, 2017 6:20 AM MDT

She WAS here for awhile when I came over from the abandoned Answerbag but from what I heard she and someone on Answermug didn't get along at all so she left. I do miss her. I hope she is well!
      April 24, 2017 7:19 AM MDT

I did, I was superseded by a computer. Architects and Engineers stopped using pencils. A computer can analyze CADD plans and produce a BOQ more quickly and MUCH more cheaply than a team of quantity surveyors.
      April 22, 2017 9:37 PM MDT

At least a robot didn't replace you Sbf. Thank you for your reply! :) I wonder if there are colleges that specialize in training coal miners? :)
      April 23, 2017 3:47 AM MDT