Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » If you don't give a dam* about anyone or anything who can hurt you? Isn't that the safest way to be? Aloof, uninvolved, distant, closed off?

If you don't give a dam* about anyone or anything who can hurt you? Isn't that the safest way to be? Aloof, uninvolved, distant, closed off?

Posted - April 22, 2017

Responses

Safe but unhappy. Companionship, friendship, love, family - all involve a degree of risk and vulnerability. I watched my mother die of cancer, it tore my heart out - but I'd do it again. My wife and I cried when our twins were stillborn - but our relationship is still strong. 
    Man is a social animal.
      April 22, 2017 8:22 PM MDT

Condolences to you and your wife for that loss m'dear. The worst possible loss parents can face. Also to your loss of your due to cancer. In some poem somewhere a poet  said "I fall upon the thorns of life. I bleed". You don't bleed if you wear armor 24/7 but you also aren't human. Thank you for your reply Sbf!
      April 23, 2017 6:04 AM MDT

it might be safe but youre not really living
      April 22, 2017 9:41 PM MDT

True. Thank you for your reply pearl! :)
      April 23, 2017 6:04 AM MDT

I was taught never to bite the hands that feed me/you...and do unto others what they do to you.....an eye for an eye in many cases but not always represents true justice plus a bit more in many cases Rosie.......
      April 23, 2017 6:14 AM MDT

Nothing beats the Golden Rule in my opinion NJ. Nothing. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      April 24, 2017 7:29 AM MDT