Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Military » Is it possible Trump is trying to provoke N Korea into military action so he can use that as a pretext for war?

Is it possible Trump is trying to provoke N Korea into military action so he can use that as a pretext for war?

Posted - April 22, 2017

Responses

More likely it's probable.

In my wildest dreams, I never thought I'd be so afraid of an overgrown Oompa Loompa.
      April 22, 2017 11:19 AM MDT

• Trump publicly confessed that he was a bully at school, when he got involved in that golf course scandal in Scotland, he demonstrated that he was a bully as an adult. Now it looks as if he's having another crack at it, every bully has their day, I wonder how many lives this is going to cost?
      April 22, 2017 11:30 AM MDT

• Yes sir, it's very [possible. Especially if the investigation into the Russian hacks AND calls for his TAXES start firing up again.
    You think I'm kidding??? I'm dead serious .  Watch what happens and remember this comment
      April 22, 2017 11:32 AM MDT

• There is merit in your point, to be sure. 
      April 22, 2017 12:42 PM MDT

• The problem with all of this is that people have very short memories, it would appear that most of the population is only concerned with the here & now. Virtually all of these events are a result of the stone in the pond theory. According to those in power the solution is to throw biggers stones & as we all know by history, that's always a great solution. Oh sorry I forgot about the short term memory thing, silly me.  
      April 23, 2017 5:28 AM MDT

• I don't presume to defend Mr Trump or his policies, but that said, isn't time we stood up to the petulant little despot who, against all worldly constraints, is pursuing developing weapons that he openly intends to hit US with?

All too clearly, Obama's weak policy of "Strategic Patience" achieved nothing but passively allowing the situation to worsen.

Call his damn bluff, force the fat fool's hand. I think people overestimate Kim's prospects. 

To my mind, we haven't made it clear enough that any attempted NK attack on us or our allies will quickly result in Pyongyang becoming the site of a blackened, smoking radioactive hole in the earth. Call it "Strategic Truth". This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 22, 2017 5:41 PM MDT
      April 22, 2017 11:35 AM MDT

Got to admit, your comment certain resonates with me at a rather deep level---Enough already.

April 22, 2017 11:42 AM MDT

• I agree with what you say, but it saddens me that our own petulant little despot is using that for his own means. It's circumspect at best.

Blaming Obama for over 40 years of policy toward the Little Kims and NK is stretching it and seems like a cop-out to me.
      April 22, 2017 12:29 PM MDT

• His was a pepetuation of the decades of fruitless policy. The difference being Obama had a name for it. 
      April 22, 2017 12:38 PM MDT

• Well give him some credit for that. at least he named his junk.
      April 22, 2017 12:49 PM MDT

anything is possible
      April 22, 2017 5:42 PM MDT