Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » What is your position on ideology versus agenda backed science?

What is your position on ideology versus agenda backed science?

Is the thinking man or woman caught in the middle?

Posted - April 22, 2017

Responses

Interesting question... I like both...  you see much as i like science and am very interested in it... we know, as we see it all too often, that science is a) often mis-quoted, and b) is forever changing... what we know one day can be completely overturned the next... science is always disproving or overturning their own previous findings.. So for me... science cannot ever be completely reliable
      April 22, 2017 2:34 PM MDT

Completely changing because of new agenda as much as because of new findings. New findings might be the result of new agenda. Ideology causes you to accept or dismiss new findings and perhaps science can no longer be viewed objectively if it ever could be. This post was edited by O-uknow at April 22, 2017 2:44 PM MDT
      April 22, 2017 2:40 PM MDT

well you are probably correct on that...  but I was thinking of the new findings thing and when they dress ideology up as science....
      April 22, 2017 2:44 PM MDT

Aye, indeed it often happens.
      April 22, 2017 2:45 PM MDT

...if the thinking man or woman
    could learn to not think,
    they wouldn't be caught in the 
    middle of anything
    and would be free...haha This post was edited by Baba at April 22, 2017 6:23 PM MDT
      April 22, 2017 4:48 PM MDT

• The thinking man or woman should always weigh the evidence for what is presented to form a position. Ideologies often filter our views, which can compromise the only effective agenda of true science: objectivity. 
      April 22, 2017 9:30 PM MDT

• The only people who go against facts aren't doing it because they think they're right, they're doing it because all they care about is power. No one actually believes that truth is bad, people just disagree on what the truth is.
      April 23, 2017 6:11 PM MDT