Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Have you ever had a problem reporting someone to a boss because they are as bad as the person you want to report?

Have you ever had a problem reporting someone to a boss because they are as bad as the person you want to report?

Posted - April 22, 2017

Responses

Oh heck yes.  Try working with a nasty supervisor that is related to the boss.  

It's a no win situation.
      April 22, 2017 3:56 PM MDT

No you can't win with that.
      April 22, 2017 4:01 PM MDT

That's exactly what my case was.  My supervisor was related to one of the big shots..ugh
      April 22, 2017 4:13 PM MDT

• No, I get along very well with my supervisor. Sometimes he has to give me leave though when I lose my temper cos I work with idiots and I have a short temper. Lol :)maybe I'm the one who is as bad as my boss. I get paid leave though when I lose my temper so all good :) it's not me it's them ... Cos I said so. 
      April 22, 2017 3:57 PM MDT

LOL!
      April 22, 2017 4:00 PM MDT

• Lol :) glad you caught the humour in that ;) people take me way too serious here :p 
      April 22, 2017 4:10 PM MDT

I am happy for you.
      April 22, 2017 4:04 PM MDT

• thanks .... If I could just get a tiara to wear to work my life will be perfect ;)
      April 22, 2017 4:11 PM MDT

Oh yes, yes yes!!  I had a supervisor who was extremely rude to the residents we served.  Reporting her to her supervisor would not have done ANY good as he was as much of a rude moron as he was. She was so clueless she didn't realize that the residents had respect for me because I had respect for them, ALTHOUGH we may not have agreed on certain things. 
    I will respect those who will show the same to me.  
      April 22, 2017 4:04 PM MDT

The only thing left to do is slash their tires LOL.
      April 22, 2017 4:18 PM MDT

Dang, I was nice back then.  I never thought about your thought!  LMBO
      April 22, 2017 4:37 PM MDT

• Nah.  I always tried to keep bosses and supervisors out of chit and avoid involving them the best I could.
      April 22, 2017 4:13 PM MDT

I never reported her.  She asked me once to distribute bibles (I worked in a Christian organization) to some of my clients, who I knew were not Believers. I told her I couldn't because I knew they didn't believe. If they asked,  I answered them about my Faith. I had respect for them, as they had respect for me. I never gave them grief about anything to do with Faith.  In return I gained their respect.
      April 22, 2017 4:30 PM MDT

• I don't blame you.   It baffles me how many Christian groups fail to realize how rude it is to push like that.    I'd see it the same way as if I had tried to give out books about atheism or paganism.   That's not a very comfortable work environment and kind out of line IMHO.   Again even if a place of employment handed out something of that nature for something I believe in it wouldn't sit right with me.
      April 22, 2017 4:57 PM MDT

I had one client who asked me if I would answer a question for her. I said I'd try to the best that I could.  She asked me if I was a Christian or a Believer, because she had never met a Christian like me. She told me I acted different. I told her my brother didn't believe but he would never talk in any way that would make me feel awkward anymore than I would make my brother feel bad about how he believes.

This post was edited by SA (SuperA) at April 23, 2017 12:21 PM MDT
      April 22, 2017 5:12 PM MDT

You could restore anyone's faith SA.  I forgot just how beautiful someone's faith really can be.  

April 22, 2017 5:55 PM MDT

Thanks Peas!  I'm not perfect, but I do try to show an example by the way I act and Speak. I'd be a hypocrite if I acted any other way. 
      April 23, 2017 1:06 PM MDT

It's why I love you.  
      April 23, 2017 7:37 PM MDT

You are a good person SA and would never be disrespectful to anyone just because they don't believe the way you do.
    You are a good example for all of us to follow.
      April 23, 2017 12:23 PM MDT

I agree Lulu.  None of us will ever see eye to eye with many things.  But there are certain topics I wouldn't even poke fun at like religion or lack of.  I hold everyone's belief as sacred.  It's how I was taught.  I go back and forth on my own personal beliefs, but admire anyone that truly follows a faith or shows others respect in something that is so personal.  

This post was edited by PeaPod is just popping by at April 23, 2017 1:33 PM MDT
      April 23, 2017 12:28 PM MDT

We may not agree with what others believe, but to be insulting and calling them names or making posts to mock them is going over the line.
    It is things like that, that will cause good people to leave and cause a site to go down as we have seen on other sites.
    And the work place has no place to discuss subjects that could cause problems.
    People need to do that on their own time in private with people who want to talk about it.
      April 23, 2017 12:44 PM MDT

Thanks LM.  The one thing I learned from working at the Mission was if I wanted to serve those who came to me for help, I had no room to judge anything about the person.  I loved my clients. The last day of my employment there one of my first clients I served came to tell me good-bye.  We both had tears in our eyes.  She told my boss who was there "You can find someone else to do her job, but you will never find anybody to take her place." 
    Then I really started crying.....lol
      April 23, 2017 1:29 PM MDT

I would cry too if you ever left me.
      April 23, 2017 1:36 PM MDT

You and Peas are stuck with me 4ever!! lol
      April 23, 2017 1:41 PM MDT