Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Do you give a XXXX? Or are you older Budweiser now?

Do you give a XXXX? Or are you older Budweiser now?

Given a choice - American or Australian beer?

Posted - April 22, 2017

Responses

• Well Fosters really sucks I know that but I understand it's not very popular there either.

I had Victoria Bitter a few times at pubs and it wasn't that good.   Way too bitter and flat as hell.  Tasted like a Pale Ale that that sat open for half an hour.  I never developed a taste for English style bitter hoppy brews.  

That said Budweiser is disgusting and over-priced shwill with that has an oily finish.
      April 22, 2017 8:47 PM MDT

VB is popular with bogans, because it's cheap. Foster's is worse, we export it because the locals won't drink it. Carlton and United Breweries do make some decent brews, tbough - Crown Lager is quite good.
    I live in South Australia, where the locally owned Cooper's is king. If you ever get the opportunity, do yourself a favour and try it.
      April 22, 2017 11:15 PM MDT

• Yeah Fosters is chit.   It was one of the cheapest beers around so we drank it as teens.  Aussie beer is only sold at specialty beer stores if anywhere in the States.
      April 22, 2017 11:21 PM MDT

Element 99 sampled Cooper's Stout in a bar in Toledo, so there are places you can get it - but I'm guessing not many. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at April 22, 2017 11:25 PM MDT
      April 22, 2017 11:24 PM MDT

• Oh yeah I seen Aussie beer  at a few places but most of them are expensive is all.   Not Fosters though.   That crap was everywhere and cheaper than our domestics.lol
      April 22, 2017 11:29 PM MDT

Budweiser.
      April 22, 2017 11:10 PM MDT

I am wise because I never let the bud of Budweiser bud in me;))
      April 23, 2017 12:04 AM MDT