Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Should God have destroyed the old Earth and created a new planet Earth that would make story of creation more believable?

Should God have destroyed the old Earth and created a new planet Earth that would make story of creation more believable?

Getting rid of all the dinosaur fossils and other evidence that our planet could have been 4.5 billion years old. 

Posted - April 23, 2017

Responses

Wow, you really have no clue as to what the Bible says or even what the Christian Greek scriptures contain, hint, Matthew - Revelation. Referring to the whole of the Christian Greek scriptures is hardly 'cherrypicking'. Your vague hand picked issues with the Hebrew Scriptures in trying to apply them as part of the Christian Covenant tells your agenda and prime examples of cherry picking.

EDIT: Your Bible study seems to be only from a non-sincere biased angle with your hateful agenda.  This post was edited by texasescimo at April 24, 2017 10:09 AM MDT
      April 24, 2017 10:05 AM MDT

• Wow, all your programmed self righteousness hints at why most of the modern world holds so little respect for JW's. Quick to play the martyr card.

Sure, your personal version of the Book of Old Fables is better than theirs, where have we heard that before? The Mormons? Tell yourself whatever you like, it is basically how you got so far afield anyway.

Bias confirmation is such a poor method of logic, I leave you to yours. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 24, 2017 12:48 PM MDT
      April 24, 2017 11:59 AM MDT

I am self righteous because I may or may not wear mixed fabrics and I don't stone anyone? Quote from your previous comment: "Btw, are you wearing mixed fabrics? Do your menfolk shave their beards or stone non-virgins to death on their daddy's doorstep?"
     Get real

April 24, 2017 2:39 PM MDT

• Texas, could you really have missed the entire point that badly? 
      April 24, 2017 6:16 PM MDT

I got your point. You hate the Bible and anyone that believes in it. Especially those that follow the Christian Greek scriptures. I really don't see how any sincere and reasonable person could think that Hitler was a Christian as described in the Christian Greek scriptures.
      April 24, 2017 7:00 PM MDT

Where exactly does it say how old earth is? 
    Hint....It doesn't. 
      April 23, 2017 3:05 PM MDT

That fact apparently don't matter, as long as the blind haters keep spreading their lies and agendas.
      April 23, 2017 5:09 PM MDT

We're neither blind nor haters---arguably, we might all be "children of God" whether all of us acknowledge His existence or whether some are unable or unwilling to come to such a conclusion as we journey along the road of life.
      April 23, 2017 7:31 PM MDT

Not everyone are "children of God", otherwise there would be no murder, wars and wickedness.
    (John 8:42-44) Jesus said to them: “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I have not come of my own initiative, but that One sent me. 43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot listen to my word. 44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.
    (1 John 3:10) The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Whoever does not practice righteousness does not originate with God, nor does the one who does not love his brother.
    (Deuteronomy 32:4, 5) The Rock, perfect is his activity, For all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness who is never unjust; Righteous and upright is he.  5 They are the ones who have acted corruptly. They are not his children, the defect is their own. They are a crooked and twisted generation!
      April 23, 2017 8:37 PM MDT

So hate the sin and the sinner both is what you preach?

What about "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

The most effective way to expose the erroneous teachings of the JW's is simply to keep them talking about their conclusions about God's creation.

I greatly appreciate your cooperation in my quest.
      April 24, 2017 10:24 AM MDT

Sorry the scriptures offend you. I just gave the scriptures that you claim to believe and follow. Having the murderous history of your Church that's a bit hypocritical of you, yes?

(Matthew 7:21-23) “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’
    (Matthew 7:15-20) “Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men.
      April 24, 2017 10:45 AM MDT

You really don't know when to avoid responding, do you.

The scriptures never offend me.  The way you try to use them does. (And of course, offending me is hardly a problem---but you might want to try to avoid offending God.)

The hole you are digging is more than deep enough.  You can stop whenever you want---or not.  Your choice.

April 24, 2017 11:09 AM MDT

You sure seem to have gotten offended at the scriptures showing that not everyone is considered to be children of God, yes? 
      April 24, 2017 2:42 PM MDT

Not at all.

What makes me incredulous (as opposed to offended) is that you think you can decide exactly who is a child of God and who is not a child of God.

I would think that kind of arrogance is closely related to the cardinal sin of Pride.

Please reveal more of your fruits to us so that we can truly know that the opinion of you that we are formulating is accurate.

(Although, I doubt you can undo what you have already done.)
      April 25, 2017 10:38 AM MDT

Excuse me, but you are the one that said we might all be children of God even though the scriptures make it clear that not everyone is. 
    I in no way said that I "can decide exactly who is a child of God and who is not a child of God" did I?

Here is what I really said: [Not everyone are "children of God", otherwise there would be no murder, wars and wickedness.]

You on the other hand are either blind to the reality of the state of the world we live in or else you think that children of God participate in murder, wars and wickedness hence your remark we might all be children of God while some people are committing atrocities on a level almost equal to some your Church has had a history of committing.

EDIT: Why don't you quit trying to mislead people?
    (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10) Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom. This post was edited by texasescimo at April 25, 2017 4:02 PM MDT
      April 25, 2017 3:57 PM MDT

So you say it is impossible for everyone to be saved---to become Children of God in His kingdom.

The JW's do not believe that Christ is God.  But as the Redeemer (God and man) He brought a new reality. Since you do not believe that Christ is God, you are unable to accurately understand or interpret anything in the New Testament, since it is all about Christ as God and Man.

So far out in left field, so wrong, and ultimately, so silly---and totally unaware of the hardness of your own heart.

I will continue to pray for the JW's that they may come to understand the True God of the scriptures. This post was edited by tom jackson at April 25, 2017 6:06 PM MDT
      April 25, 2017 6:06 PM MDT

No I didn't say anything was impossible so quit putting words in my mouth. According to the Bible, not everyone will be saved. (Matthew 7:13, 14) “Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it.
    (Matthew 7:21-23) “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’
    Universal salvation is unscriptural Repentance impossible for some. Heb 6:4-6

According to the Bible there are many that are called gods like the judges in Israel or by proxy like Moses but for Christians there is but one God the Father and according to Jesus, the Father is the only true God.

(John 10:33-36) The Jews answered him: “We are stoning you, not for a fine work, but for blasphemy; for you, although being a man, make yourself a god.” 34 Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “You are gods”’? 35 If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came—and yet the scripture cannot be nullified— 36 do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?
    (Psalm 82:6) “I have said, ‘You are gods, All of you are sons of the Most High.
    (Exodus 4:16) He will speak for you to the people, and he will be your spokesman, and you will serve as God to him.
    (1 Corinthians 11:3) But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God.
    (1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
    (John 17:3) This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

EDIT: Sad that you are not allowed to question the 4th century trinity. It doesn't matter that it's not based on the Bible but since your Church teaches it, as a Catholic, you have no choice but to accept it. That is all you need to know.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/02033b.htm
    CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Athanasian Creed

At various points the author calls attention to the penalty incurred by those who refuse to accept any of the articles therein set down.

The Father Incomprehensible, the Son Incomprehensible, and the Holy Ghost Incomprehensible

So likewise the Father is Almighty, the Son Almighty, and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not Three Almighties but One Almighty.

So there is One Father, not Three Fathers; one Son, not Three Sons; One Holy Ghost, not Three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is afore or after Other,  None is greater or less than Another, but the whole Three Persons are Co-eternal together, and Co-equal

Who, then, is the author? The results of recent inquiry make it highly probable that the Creed first saw the light in the fourth century, during the life of the great Eastern patriarch, or shortly after his death

The "damnatory", or "minatory clauses", are the pronouncements contained in the symbol, of the penalties which follow the rejection of what is there proposed for our belief. It opens with one of them: "Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the Catholic Faith". The same is expressed in the verses beginning: "Furthermore, it is necessary" etc., and "For the right Faith is" etc., and finally in the concluding verse: "This is the Catholic Faith, which except a man believe faithfully and firmly, he cannot be saved". Just as the Creed states in a very plain and precise way what the Catholic Faith is concerning the important doctrines of the Trinity and the Incarnation, so it asserts with equal plainness and precision what will happen to those who do not faithfully and steadfastly believe in these revealed truths..

.From a dogmatic standpoint, the merely historical question of the authorship of the Creed, or of the time it made its appearance, is of secondary consideration. The fact alone that it is approved by the Church as expressing its mind on the fundamental truths with which it deals, is all we need to know. 

This post was edited by texasescimo at April 26, 2017 8:45 AM MDT
      April 26, 2017 6:22 AM MDT

Writing so much and saying so little is so typical of fictional writing---and you are impressively good at it.  But you would do much better with a more believable plot.  

Faith is a gift from God.  

The Faith that allows me not only to believe in God, but to also see the unique role of the Catholic Church in God's plan has apparently been given to me.

As an appropriate response to God's gift to me, I have used my intellect and free will to understand and embrace my gift of faith with reason and assent.

And of course, when I read scripture, I ask first that the Holy Spirit (the 3rd person of the trinity) to guide my understanding as I read what God has written in the bible and seek His truth---a luxury that you do not have, since you do not believe in the triune God.

Some bible beliefs have to be wrong----Apparently, the most extensive list of those errors can be easily found in the teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

And that's all I need to know. 
      April 26, 2017 10:00 AM MDT

In several threads with you you tell me how you have this extensive knowledge of scripture and how wrong my understanding is yet you never give me a scripture to ponder over to tell me how my understanding is wrong.

The unique role of the Catholic Church in God's plan?
    Reading your history in the Catholic Encyclopedia even as doctored up to not look as bad as it really was paints a different picture than you do. Why the deception?

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07256b.htm

Church legislation on heresy
    This legislation remained in force and with even greater severity in the kingdom formed by the victorious barbarian invaders on the ruins of the Roman Empire in the West. The burning of heretics was first decreed in the eleventh century. The Synod of Verona (1184) imposed on bishops the duty to search out the heretics in their dioceses and to hand them over to the secular power. Other synods, and the Fourth Lateran Council (1215) under Pope Innocent III, repeated and enforced this decree, especially the Synod of Toulouse (1229), which established inquisitors in every parish (one priest and two laymen). Everyone was bound to denounce heretics, the names of the witnesses were kept secret; after 1243, when Innocent IV sanctioned the laws of Emperor Frederick II and of Louis IXagainst heretics,  torture was applied in trials; the guilty persons were delivered up to the civil authorities and actually burnt at the stake. Paul III (1542) established, and Sixtus V organized, the Roman Congregation of the Inquisition, or Holy Office, a regular court of justice for dealing with heresy and heretics (seeROMAN CONGREGATIONS). The Congregation of the Index, instituted by St. Pius V, has for its province the care of faith and morals in literature; it proceeds against printed matter very much as the Holy Office proceeds against persons (see INDEX OF PROHIBITED BOOKS). The present pope [1909], Pius X, has decreed the establishment in every diocese of a board of censors and of a vigilance committee whose functions are to find out and report on writings and persons tainted with the heresy of Modernism (Encyclical "Pascendi", 8 Sept., 1907). The present-day legislation against heresy has lost nothing of its ancient severity; but the penalties on heretics are now only of the spiritual order; all the punishments which require the intervention of the secular arm have fallen into abeyance. Even in countries where the cleavage between the spiritual and secular powers does not amount to hostility or complete severance, the death penalty, confiscation ofgoods, imprisonment, etc., are no longer inflicted on heretics. The spiritual penalties are of two kinds: latae and ferendae sententiae. The former are incurred by the mere fact of heresy, no judicial sentence being required; the latter are inflicted after trial by an ecclesiastical court, or by a bishop acting ex informata conscientia, that is, on his own certain knowledge, and dispensing with the usual procedure

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06796a.htm  (3rd paragraph from the bottom)

Gregory IX was very severe towards heretics, who in those times were universally looked upon as traitors and punished accordingly. Upon the request of King Louis IX of France, he sent Cardinal Romanus as legate to assist the king in his crusade against the Albigenses. At the synod which the papal legate convened at Toulouse in November, 1229, it was decreed that all heretics and their abettors should be delivered to the nobles and magistrates for their due punishment, which, in case of obstinacy, was usually death. When in 1224 Frederick II ordered that heretics in Lombardy should be burnt at the stake, Gregory IX, who was then papal legate for Lombardy, approved and published the imperial law. During his enforced absence from Rome (1228-1231) the heretics remained unmolested and became very numerous in the city. In February, 1231, therefore, the pope enacted a law for Rome that heretics condemned by an ecclesiastical court should be delivered to the secular power to receive their "due punishment". This "due punishment" was death by fire for the obstinate and imprisonment for life for the penitent.In pursuance of this law a number of Patarini were arrested in Rome in 1231, the obstinate were burned at the stake, the others were imprisoned in theBenedictine monasteries of Monte Cassino and Cava (Ryccardus de S. Germano, ad annum 1231, in Mon. Germ. SS., XIX, 363).It must not be thought, however, that Gregory IX dealt more severely with heretics than other rulers did. Death by fire was the common punishment for heretics and traitors in those times. Up to the time of Gregory IX, the duty of searching out heretics belonged to the bishops in their respective dioceses. The so-called Monastic Inquisition was established by Gregory IX, who in his Bulls of 13, 20, and 22 April, 1233, appointed the Dominicans as the official inquisitors for all dioceses of France (Ripoil and Bremond, "Bullarium Ordinia Fratrum Praedicatorum", Rome, 1729, I, 47).

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14761a.htm  (2nd paragraph from the bottom)

With regard to the toleration of Christian heretics and schismatics the reader will do well to consult the article INQUISITION. No very systematic measures of repression seem to have come into practice before the twelfth century. The aggressive attitude adopted in the case of the Priscillianists (q.v.) and Donatists was owing less to the action of the bishops than to that of the emperor. On the other hand, it cannot be disputed thatafter the authority of the popes was firmly established, ecclesiastical campaigns were undertaken against the Cathari, the Waldenses, and Albigenses as well as later on against the followers of Wicklif andHus. Moreover isolated executions for heresy (burning at the stake being commonly employed for this purpose) were known before the twelfth century both in East and West; though at the same time the actual infliction of the punishment, then as after, must be regarded as an act of the civil power rather than that of any ecclesiastical tribunal.But though an Inquisition of heretical practices may be regarded as having been first formally set up, at any rate in embryo, about the second half of the thirteenth century no measures of extreme severity were in the beginning prescribed or generally adopted. The Fourth Council of Lateran in 1215 imposed as a penalty the deprivation of property and civil stakes. Convicted heretics even though repentant, were excluded from public offices and were compelled to wear a badge. If their retractation was insincere they were liable to be confined in a public prison. At the same time it must not be forgotten that all these medieval heresies, as such an historian as Gairdner has noticed (Lollardy, I, 46), struck at the foundations of social order. M. Guiraud's account of the extravagant teaching of the Cathari and Albigenses is conclusive upon the point. It cannot be doubted that the severities which then began to be exercised in the name of religion were prompted by no lust for blood. It seemed rather to orthodox churchmen that the Church was so menaced by these subversive doctrines that her very existence was at stake.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07584b.htm  ">http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07584b.htm 

Hus meanwhile openly defended Wyclif, and this position he maintained especially against John Stokes, a licentiate of Cambridge, who had come to Prague and declared that in England Wyclif was regarded as a heretic. With no less vehemence Hus attacked the Bulls (9 September and 2 December 1411) in which John XXIII proclaimed indulgences to all who would supply funds for the crusade against Ladislaus of Naples. Both Hus and Jerome of Prague aroused the university and the populace against the papal commission which had been sent to announce the indulgences, and its members in consequence were treated with every sort of indignity. The report of these doings led the Roman authorities to take more vigorous action. Not only was the former excommunication against Hus reiterated, but his residence was placed under interdict. Finally the pope ordered Hus to be imprisoned and the Bethlehem chapel destroyed. The order was not obeyed, but Hus towards the end of 1412 left Prague and took refuge at Austi in the south. Here he wrote his principal work, "De ecclesiâ". As the king took no steps to carry out the papal edict, Hus was back again at Prague by the end of April, 1414, and posted on the walls of the Bethlehem Chapel his treatise "De sex erroribus". Out of this and the "De ecclesiâ" Gerson extracted a number of propositions which he submitted to Archbishop Konrad von Vechta (formerly Bishop of Olmütz) with a warning against their heretical character. In November following the Council of Constance assembled, and Hus, urged by King Sigismund, decided to appear before that body and give an account of his doctrineAt Constance he was tried, condemned, and burnt at the stake, 6 July, 1415. The same fate befell Jerome of Prague 30 May, 1416. (For details see COUNCIL OF CONSTANCE.)

April 26, 2017 10:12 AM MDT

I don't recall Christ saying "Thou art Peter and Upon this rock I will build my Kingdom Hall."

But I digress.

The uniqueness of the Church involves its exposition of the nature of God (triune) and the significance of that reality as it affects and effects our relationship with our creator.

You like to list what happens when individuals offer to the God of all truth the unclean sacrifice of a lie---i.e., misguided attempts to establish a spiritual order within the material order rather than the other way around. 

I'm more concerned with the current damage that the JW's perpetrate on the minds and hearts of the peoples of the current world---I see the JW's as making any of the Church's failures look lilly white in comparison.
      April 26, 2017 10:33 AM MDT

Is that supposed to be some proof that the Catholic Church and the Churches atrocities are some how sanctioned by God?

The word 'Church' has no place in the Bible any more than 'Hell' and other counterfeit words. Just a congregation, not a building.

A better translation:es/tyndale/mat.txt
    (Matthew 16:18) Also, I say to you: You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my congregation, and the gates of the Grave will not overpower it

KING JAMES’ INSTRUCTIONS TO THE TRANSLATORS
    http://www.kjvonly.org/other/kj_instructs.htm
    “3. The old ecclesiastical words to be kept; as the word church, not to be translated congregation&c.

EDIT: In case your knowledge of JW beliefs is comparable to your knowledge of the Bible, you might want to educate yourself there as well:

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovah-witness-beliefs/

This post was edited by texasescimo at April 26, 2017 12:22 PM MDT
      April 26, 2017 11:04 AM MDT

Some 50 years ago when I was first exposed to (but fortunately did not contract) "Jehovah's Witness-ism," the existence of a bible translated with the words and verb tenses that support your "propaganda" was quite an awakening for me. Rewriting the original reference book to support your assumptions and conclusions is the height of arrogance.

Interestingly, you suggest that "congregation" is a better word than "church."  I see little has changed in the last 50 years---you still go door to door, but you are still trying to sell the same old crap.

And it is my knowledge of the bible that makes me easily see that your JW beliefs are---quite simply---full of error.  God created us in His image, and the JW's have returned the favor---you have re-created Him in yours---a golden calf for the New Testament.

CS Lewis has a character similar to the one you have created.  His name is TashThe worship of Tash persists in The Last Battle, the final book of the series, in which he is depicted as a malevolent and real being who is the antithesis of Aslan.  You would do well to read the Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis  [  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tash_(Narnia)   ]  ---It is the best way to unlearn what you think is correct.

Sorry to be so harsh, but the bible requires me to be:

"James 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins."

April 27, 2017 1:53 PM MDT

Thank you for your opinion. Talk about "Writing so much and saying so little", lol.

"converteth", do people really talk like that around you?

For centuries your Church forbade people from reading the Bible in their own language and only allowed in Latin, if at all by the laity at that time? A lot of words in the English language have changed over the last 4 centuries and there is nothing especially holy about using 16th century English.

Not sure if you are allowed to say God's name in Hebrew or English outside of Church as  I know you are not allowed to say it in Church anymore but what to you make of the Father being the only true God and the Hebrew Yahweh being His name?

Ex 3:15 God further said to Moses, 'You are to tell the Israelites, "Yahweh, the God of your ancestors, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you." This is my name for all time, and thus I am to be invoked for all generations to come.
    Joel 3:5 (NJB AKA Joel 2:32)  All who call on the name of Yahweh will be saved, for on Mount Zion will be those who have escaped, as Yahweh has said, and in Jerusalem a remnant whom Yahweh is calling.
    Ps 83:18 Let them know that you alone bear the name of Yahweh, Most High over all the earth.
    John 17:1-3 After saying this, Jesus raised his eyes to heaven and said: Father, the hour has come: glorify your Son so that your Son may glorify you;

2 so that, just as you have given him power over all humanity, he may give eternal life to all those you have entrusted to him.

3 And eternal life is this: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

April 27, 2017 3:39 PM MDT

Just aren't comfortable without your own version of the Bible, are you?  And I guess you never learned to speak Latin in high school.

And I live in the present, which is where God talks to me---I'm sure that God has incorporated any of the possible errors or advances in comprehension that man may have made in the Church that He founded and has brought us precisely to where we are today. 

And however did you come to think that I cannot use any name I choose for God, wherever I happen to be at the time?---if you ever have a personal relationship with Him, you will realize He responds to something as simple as "Help"---And of course, I realize a personal relationship with Him is difficult since you don't believe that Christ is also God.  Glad I'm not stuck where you are.

And you obviously have no clue about the nature of the "new reality" that the "new Adam" established on earth.

I seriously doubt that anyone is following this thread anymore; and since you have absolutely no insight to offer me about the bible or the God who authored it that even comes close to the truths that I already know, I think I will exit this thread.

----I suspect we are destined to meet again.
      April 29, 2017 10:39 AM MDT

Are you that blind? I was using the NJB, AKA Catholic New Jerusalem Bible. http://www.catholic.org/bible/

The God of the Bible is not the God that founded the Catholic Church. The heinous torture and murders committed by your Church are no minor error in judgement.
    (Revelation 18:4) And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.

You didn't get the memo about Catholics not being allowed to use Yahweh anymore?

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Similarly%2C+Greek+translations+of+the+Bible+used+the+word+%22Kyrios%22+and+Latin+scholars+translated+it+to%22&oq=%22Similarly%2C+Greek+translations+of+the+Bible+used+the+word+%22Kyrios%22+and+Latin+scholars+translated+it+to%22&aqs=chrome..69i57.4496j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The Tetragrammaton is YHWH, the four consonants of the ancient Hebrew name for God.
    "As an expression of the infinite greatness and majesty of God, it was held to be unpronounceable and hence was replaced during the reading of sacred Scripture by means of the use of an alternate name: 'Adonai,' which means 'Lord,'" the Vatican letter said. Similarly, Greek translations of the Bible used the word "Kyrios" and Latin scholars translated it to "Dominus"; both also mean Lord.

http://www.unamsanctamcatholicam.com/liturgy/liturgical-quod-libets/95-liturgy/liturgical-quod-libets/288-yahweh-in-the-liturgy.html

http://www.catholicreview.org/article/life/life-news/no-yahweh-in-songs-prayers-at-catholic-masses-vatican-rules

http://www.catholic.org/news/international/europe/story.php?id=28949

VATICAN (CISA) - The Vatican has ruled that the word Yahweh must not "be used or pronounced" in songs and prayers during Catholic masses.

The decree is contained in a letter to bishops from the Vatican Congregation for Divine Worship and the Sacraments dated June 29 and addressed to Episcopal conferences around the world.

April 29, 2017 12:00 PM MDT