Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Maurice214
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » You can get nothing from something by destroying it. How do you get something from nothing?

You can get nothing from something by destroying it. How do you get something from nothing?

Posted - April 24, 2017

Responses

The Quick Reply is that you can't get something from nothing! You need both matter and energy.
      May 3, 2017 5:51 PM MDT

What preceded The Big Bang Durdle? What caused it? And what caused that cause and so on and so on and so?. Was there always something existing? Was there never a beginning? An artist takes a blank canvas and creates something thereon from an idea, a vision.  An author is faced with nothing but an idea for a story and writes a book which did not exist before the idea. A sperm and egg when mated properly create a human being. Something was always there to precede it. "In the Beginning". What preceded that? Inquiring minds want to know. Trying to comprehend nothingness isn't easy. Do you have any difficulties when you ponder about why things are? How things are? Thank you for the quick answer. I need matter and energy you say. Did both always exist? Was there never an inception, a creation? If so what preceded that? Some people create something from nothing. They take what you say in the wrong way and create a big megillah.  SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      May 4, 2017 2:48 AM MDT

I don't think the professional astrophysicists can answer that! If I understand their current theory correctly, holds that the known Universe is expanding from a vast "fire"-ball that turned a mass of energy into matter, but yes, that would need something in the first place! 

I know the metaphor very well. We see it so often in the newspapers, when some politician or other says something silly that may or may not offend many people in reality, but is built up into a huge, utterly childish row by the Press and self-appointed voices for the supposedly-offended. It has led to people resigning or being dismissed, but that helps no-one and achieves nothing. The original was nearly "nothing" - a careless comment or badly-worded observation perhaps made in the heat of the moment - but then built into "something" when all anyone needed was a simple apology and everyone getting on with life.
      May 4, 2017 3:46 AM MDT