Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Will Trump's low approval rating be an obstacle to getting Congress to do his bidding? How is his unpopularity hurting him with Congress?

Will Trump's low approval rating be an obstacle to getting Congress to do his bidding? How is his unpopularity hurting him with Congress?

Posted - April 24, 2017

Responses

His unpopularity with the electorate at large isn't hurting him materially in Congress yet, a lot of his own Party colleagues cordially detested him already. It will start to bite if he's still in the big chair come the midterms (unlikely) - because if he is, a Republican candidate couldn't be elected dogcatcher even in the reddest of red states. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at April 25, 2017 3:55 AM MDT
      April 24, 2017 9:35 AM MDT

I guess the 2018 mid-term elections will tell the tale all right...assuming we can survive Trump for that long and he doesn't blow us all up because he got miffed! We know the majority of the people don't support him. If his popularity were enormously high I think Congress would be more apt to give him what he wants. But they have their constituents to deal with so I wonder how much of that tempers what they will do? Republicans yell/shout to their reps "DO YOUR JOB". They aren't kidding. The voice of the people ring loud and clear from both parties! I think Congress is running scared..House and Senate. The people are riled and will not settle for more of the same.  Thank you for your reply Sbf!  :)
      April 25, 2017 4:00 AM MDT

Get this. Only 2 percent of Americans who voted for Chump regret it.

Source: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/04/23/only_two_percent_of_americans_who_voted_for_trump_regret_it.html This post was edited by Zack at April 25, 2017 4:01 AM MDT
      April 24, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

Well Trump supporters can be pretty hard core/loyal so I think 2% is a great start  because they will tell 2 friends  and those 2 friends will tell 2 friends and so on and so on. Cheers!
      April 24, 2017 11:30 AM MDT

I saw that stat too Zack. 98% of his voters would still vote for him. But that doesn't surprise me at all. They would NEVER admit they were wrong. They will die defending him because otherwise it means they screwed up bigtime and did a great wrong to the country. His supporters are exactly like him. They will never admit doing the wrong thing. Never. It doesn't matter what he does/says.  When they die because he blew them up one day out of rage/fury they will find someone else to blame. Exactly like he does. They are standard ordinary typical little Trump clones. No surprise there anywhere. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      April 25, 2017 4:04 AM MDT

I think it already is and between the AP interview he just gave and the first 100 days in office speech he will have to give his popularity will drop so low members of Congress will figure that it's in their best interest to distance themselves from Trump. Cheers!
      April 24, 2017 11:20 AM MDT

They're doing that now. Trump is going to try to JAM  funding for Trumpwall into the budget or he will shut down the government. We will see who gets shut down, shut out, shut up. Thank you for your reply Nanoose and Happy Tuesday! :)
      April 25, 2017 4:05 AM MDT