Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Trump has a Republican majority in both the House/Senate. How can he not succeed? How can he possibly screw it up?

Trump has a Republican majority in both the House/Senate. How can he not succeed? How can he possibly screw it up?

Posted - April 24, 2017

Responses

Too many of those Republicans are moderates who do NOT approve of him, that's how. Trump won't negotiate, so colleagues in his own Party are telling him to go forth and multiply. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at April 25, 2017 3:43 AM MDT
      April 24, 2017 9:22 AM MDT

Really Sbf? "Go forth and multiply"? I read that is implying something closer to "go f--- yourself".  But that is Bad Rosie speaking of course. Trump is going to shut down the government if Congress doesn't fund Trumpwall. He wants Trumpcare to pass this weekend. He wants tax cuts to be voted on. He is busyboy. Trying to minimize the disaster of his first 100 days. Let's see what diversion(s) he creates to take the heat off? Might this be a good time to Tomahawk Syria AND pre-empt North Korea? One wonders . Thank you for your reply Sbf and Happy Tuesday! :)
      April 25, 2017 3:47 AM MDT

Because his own house is divided.  There are some intelligent Republicans who realize that spending so many millions on a wall when there are so many other places that money could be put to better use is not a wise move.  Also, if Trump wants to decrease so many governmental agencies, where is the money supposed to come from?  While I realize there is a need for better border control, I also realize that our roads, bridges and tunnels are crumbling and money spent to repair infrastructure will create jobs as well as keep the public safe. 
      April 24, 2017 10:04 AM MDT

Don't forget the drastic tax cuts for the wealthy as well Spunky. The 100 days loom large. He is a failure so far so of course he will have to create diversions to take the heat off him. Wonder what they'll be this time? Inquiring minds wanna know. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      April 25, 2017 3:49 AM MDT

Sorry - there are SO many things that I can't remember them all. Now that the 100 days are coming up, he says it's a ridiculous benchmark.  Figures!
      April 25, 2017 9:50 AM MDT

• If he's going to accomplish anything at all, it will have to be before the mid term elections in November 2018. The party of incumbent presidents historically and consistently lose seats in both chambers under normal circumstances. With the opposition from both parties that the president faces, he'll find that he will be more of  a dead duck rather than a lame duck after those elections.  The Senate will be easy pickings with the need for only three or four seats to change hands. The House will require a much larger shift of about sixty seats. Possible, even though a long shot. There have been mid terms where approximately forty plus seats turned over. Look for next year's general election to be as unconventional as this presidency has been.
      April 24, 2017 8:15 PM MDT

The people wanted DIFFERENT and that's what they brought upon themselves. Trump is the differentest person I've ever seen. Now they are stuck with it. Sadly so are we who think Trump is the worst possible choice and will bring disaster to we the people and our country. Before he is done he will have done us in unless he can be stopped/removed/rejected. Petulant little man whose only concern is being loved. The most pathetic person I've ever encountered, albeit at a distance. He has no confidence. He is a big empty hole inside. Needy. Greedy. Seedy.  How he could possibly have pulled it off will be the subject of many books and probably studied in many classes. The greatest scam ever pulled off by any man! Thank you for your thoughtful reply driftwood.
      April 25, 2017 3:09 AM MDT