Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You take a job for which you have NO EXPERIENCE and PROMISE to achieve certain things in 100 days. Are you SMART or DUMB to do so? Why?

You take a job for which you have NO EXPERIENCE and PROMISE to achieve certain things in 100 days. Are you SMART or DUMB to do so? Why?

You have no clue how the job is done. None. Zero. Zip. It is only arrogance that prompts you to make promises you will never be able to keep. Hubris?

Posted - April 24, 2017

Responses

Hi Rosie:

In other words, exactly what Obama, the Bushes, Clinton, Reagan, and EVERY other new president did before Trump.
      April 24, 2017 2:20 PM MDT

They all had experience in government. They ALL were elected to public office by the people. Obama was a Senator. Bush/Clinton/Reagan were all Governors. So no Stu. You are way off base. Not exactly like anyone. The only billionaire businessman who ever ran. The only one who had the arrogance to believe that his lack of experience/education/knowledge/intellect mattered. And he was right. His supporters wanted DIFFERENT so they got a very ignorant man. We are now suffering because of that. Thank you for your reply and Happy  Tuesday. Hillary Clinton was ELECTED SENATOR  for two terms serving New Yorkers. What did the people ever elect Trump to do beside be president? A tyro/novice/apprentice knowing nothing coming in to the job and learning nothing on the job. Great choice. :(
      April 25, 2017 4:10 AM MDT

But Carter, Reagan, Clinton, and GW Bush were the only recent ones with executive experience as they had been governors. Presidents such as JFK, LBJ, Ford, and Obama only had experience serving in Congress as senators and representatives, which is completely different. Anyone involved in the executive branch at any level of government, including a former NYC deputy mayor who taught a class I took in my MBA program, will tell you that being mayor, governor, or president is much more similar to being a CEO than to being a legislator. So I'm not sure your theory holds water.

I get that you love to demonize President Trump, but he does have executive experience, so I don't think that this is the most effective tack for you to take in doing so.
    This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at July 11, 2018 3:11 AM MDT
      April 25, 2017 10:23 AM MDT

I appreciate your kind concern for me StuB. I really do. However GOVERNMENT EXPERIENCE AT ANY LEVEL is more than Trump has which all the others do. Which is the point. So your argument still doesn't fly with me although I'm CERTAIN you are certain it is solid. Different strokes. Thank you for your in-depth reply. I appreciate it. I don't buy a word of it but I'm sure others do and that should satisfy you.  My opinion doesn't count at all with anyone but me. :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 25, 2017 10:43 AM MDT
      April 25, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

Then I guess Trump being elected in spite of all that shows how terrible a candidate Hillary was.
      April 25, 2017 10:57 AM MDT

Or how dumb Chumps voters are.
      April 25, 2017 11:00 AM MDT

Or how ignorant and gullible the minority that voted for him were.
      April 25, 2017 11:09 AM MDT

To be more accurate, he received the majority of votes in more of the 51 state elections than did Clinton, which is why he won. Harping on national popular vote numbers is pointless since that's not the system used to elect the president, and it amounts to whining and sour grapes.
      April 25, 2017 1:07 PM MDT

Every president had no experience being president before they became president..
      April 24, 2017 7:08 PM MDT

They were politicians. They worked for judges or politicians. They served their country in elected offices as Congressmen/women or Senators.  They engaged in community services. There has never been a billionaire businessman with zero political exposure/experience/understanding, run for president. He has a lot of chutzpah and he is DIFFERENT. The people who voted for him wanted DIFFERENT more than anything and they got it. Different isn't necessarily better. Thank you for your reply Patch. Would you apply for a job as secretary without knowing to type or take shorthand? What about applying for the job of teacher without teaching credentials or education as to  what it takes to be one? How about opening an auto repair shop without knowing the first about cars? Would you take your car to such a person?  Why? Happy Tuesday! :)
      April 25, 2017 3:25 AM MDT

Well, to be president all you need to be is atleast 35 years old and born in the USA. Those are pretty much the only qualifications. I guess it's so more people have a chance, even the average joes.
      April 25, 2017 5:34 AM MDT

• Exactly!  The people obviously wanted someone who was not a slick politician. 
      April 25, 2017 9:13 PM MDT

• I've done it, survived and prospered.  But you're talking about Trump who didn't have any experience being President so unless a candidate is re elected then neither did any of the other Presidents.
      April 24, 2017 8:43 PM MDT

No experience in government. No experience in being elected to any office. His only experience is being a billionaire businessman. His entire life has been spent on Trump-related everything. That may be enough for you to elect as prez but it isn't enough for me. He was never a state representative or state senator or Congressman or Senator on the Federal level. He was never a community organizer.  He never worked for a judge or a politician. He had no clue what was involved. He still doesn't in my opinion. Thank you for yours Yogafan and Happy Tuesday.
      April 25, 2017 2:57 AM MDT

• I've asked this question before but nobody answered it.  Can anyone tell me exactly what a community organizer does?

There's not a person in the US who did not know of Trump's lack of political experience and yet he won the election.  Doesn't that tell you something?
      April 25, 2017 9:09 PM MDT

Obama was a community organizer in Chicago. I suppose I could Google it for you. Here's what I think a community organizer does. Works with the people to facilitate things they need. Where do kids go after school if their parents aren't home?  Where do kids congregate that's safe? How do older folks get whatever benefits they are entitled to? Where does a person go who can't afford to pay for health care but whose kids need to see a doctor? I could be totally wrong. Way off base. Whatever will benefit members of a community is what a community organizer is there to do. Kinda like what the ACLU does when there are legal needs. It takes people on that the high- priced lawyer won't bother with. Well I think a community organizer does for the people what the local political rep  won't do or can't do. I think I will Google it. Thank you Yogafan.
      April 27, 2017 6:30 AM MDT